Exciting Opportunity to develop and deliver a People and Culture strategy.
A role where you will be key in business partnering the CEO and Leadership
Based in the Hampshire and Southampton area, our client is a very successful company within the Engineering and Manufacturing sector.
They have seen almost 100% growth in their revenues in the last 3 years and have increased their employee headcount from 400 to 600 employees, some of this through acquisition.
People are at the heart of what the company does, as is the customer service ethos that powers the company's growth.
As HR Director you will define and deliver a People Plan to support the culture and strategic business goals, whilst enabling individuals to develop, achieve high performance and grow with the business.
You will be responsible for all aspects of HR in the Group of companies but specific responsibilities include:
- Support the Executive Board to define and develop organisational culture.
- Champion Human Behaviour & Culture throughout the business, where best practice, continuous improvement and business excellence become the norm.
- Partner with the Operational Executive Leadership Teams to support strategic operational goals and projects - see below.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Central Department Heads.
- Create great employee engagement initiatives and a balanced employee/business working environment.
- Deliver the People Plan & HR roadmaps, adapting and implementing best practice HR strategies, policies and activities to deliver effective and appropriate people management & performance strategies enabling the business to achieve its goals.
- Identify, lead, and own HR projects.
- Lead, develop and coach the HR Operations Manager and Reward Manager, supporting them in the development & management of a collaborative, HR team, creating an environment for personal development. the individuals as well as the systems and procedures.
- Support & guide complex ER cases, whilst developing managers to establish positive performance management strategies.
- Enable the development & implementation of a proactive succession planning strategy to support the identification, development and advancement of individuals throughout the business.
- Oversee Learning & Development strategies to support current and future organisation needs.
- Support the development & implementation of a compensation and benefits strategy.
- Research and support the employment of international employees, utilising specialist advisors whilst developing country specific employment knowledge.
Goals and Projects
- Development of Reward and Recognition strategy to attract and retain a skilled, engaged and committed workforce.
- Leadership Development strategy.
- Design and implement an appropriate Performance Management System.
- Succession planning strategy.
- Ownership of HRIS and Payroll system replacement project
- Health & Well being road map (mental health, cancer, financial well being, EAP)
To join this successful engineering company as an HR Director you must be able to demonstrate the following
- Ideally MCIPD or degree qualified.
- Extensive HR generalist experience across all functions of HR including Pay & benefits, L&D, Resourcing.
- Previous successful experience as a Business Partner, ideally as a working, generalist, HR Director.
- Experience working in a company that has customer Service at the heart of their business and
- Experience working in a sector related to engineering, manufacturing or industrial production.
In addition you should be able to show evidence of doing the following:
- Coaching and developing senior business leaders.
- Working with a Senior Leadership team to give sound commercial and strategic insight.
- Providing an innovative approach to add value to strategic business goals.
- Leadership experience at a Director level in an HR environment.
- working in a collaborative way that is values driven, to high standards of integrity and professional/ethical standards
A role as HR Director with a Salary of up to £80,000 + benefits.
There is the potential to work flexibly between home and office.