The role will be a part of the UK Site Leadership Team to ensure the company optimises all aspects of Human Resource management and so help drive improvements in business performance.
Our client is a leading global clinical research business looking for an experienced HR leader to join its senior leadership team
The role responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the appropriate HR policies and procedures are in place for the UK business which are consistent with the group's global HR strategy and procedures.
- Managing HR team in UK including training, coaching and mentoring.
- Ensuring compliance with UK employment law and best practice at all times.
- Measuring employee engagement, working in partnership with the ELT & SLT to identify and implement action areas for improvement.
- Support Managers with performance.
- In partnership with Director, Talent Acquisition drive UK & APAC staff recruitment including; selection process, supporting hiring managers with interviewing. Whilst ensuring relevant background checks and candidate evaluation is in place.
- Overseeing and managing the performance of all employees by empowering and coaching managers to conduct objective and constructive staff reviews, coaching and agree SMART goals that will help drive up performance standards.
- Continue to develop a pay grading system and progression plan properly rewards and incentivises at all levels in partnership with SLT and Director, Compensation. Conducting regular external salary benchmarking.
- Identifying training and development needs at both a team and individual level.
- Be proactive in driving a positive working environment.
- Managing and be responsible for sponsorship applications and candidates.
- Be flexible and support in other areas of the business as required. Including Global HR Team, facilities management, administration, QA and finance.
- Work with Facilities manager in relation to H&S of employees -for example Risk Assessments and Mental Health support.
- Proven experience as a Head of HR.
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- Able to work with individuals at all levels of the organisation and confident enough to challenge management when needed.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of UK employment law and HR best practices.
- Experience working in APAC (Singapore and India) is desirable.
A competitive package and a fantastic opportunity for a Head of HR to take their first step up into directorship