Event Operations Executive (9 month FTC)
Role title: Event Operations Executive (9 month FTC)
Reporting to: Head of Events
Why the role exists and its contribution
To plan and implement operations and promotional activity for the event portfolio.
Role specification What the role holder needs to do to achieve the role purpose Key responsibilities Key elements – what is required
- Deliver individual event KPIs and plans against defined timeline.
- Continually explore and propose new event opportunities from inside and outside core markets.
- Within defined budget, cost and source suppliers ensuring positive impact.
- Propose and source event enhancing new content to keep existing events fresh and at the forefront of the market.
- Propose, source and budget mechanism to increase pre-event engagement enhancing overall viability of event.
- Be the point of contact and deal with all enquiries/ issues at agreed events.
- In conjunction with event team, run event during lead-up, build, open and close down period.
- Create and manage contact database for agreed events.
- Monitor event content timeline and ensure all elements are delivered effectively and on time.
- Assist with the overall marketing of an event to ensure all commercial objectives are met including table sales and award entries.
- Ensure all event assets required for production and promotion purposes are sourced or created in a timely manner.
- Schedule and chair meetings as required with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be responsible for all managed events administration including the production of event related paperwork, communications with delegates, sponsors, speakers and exhibitors.
- Ensure all client records are comprehensive in information held, and accurately updated.
- Deal promptly with all enquiries, whether by email, phone, social media or post.
- Ensure event budget sheets are kept up to date with forecast/ actual costs, contacts and information.
- Enter purchase orders and invoices onto system timely, correctly and efficiently.
- Ensure that a robust cost-control system is in place and costs are managed to budget or better and corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Remain aware of all industry developments and any potential trading impact this may have on event portfolio.
- Regularly communicate event content with marketing and PR teams to ensure maximum exposure is achieved to target audience.
- Maintain effective informative working relationships with manager, event team and any other DVV team.
- Ensure web and social media channels are always kept up to date and publish new content on the website as soon as it is available.
- General Manager
- Head of Events
- Events Manager
- Event Operations Executive
The experience, qualifications, knowledge, skills and attributes needed by the role holder to achieve the role responsibilities.
This should be completed for entry level – i.e. the required role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience at selection stage
- Excellent attention to detail
- 3 + years’ experience
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Exemplary organisation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office