Group HR Manager
As Group HR Manager you will be responsible for leading and developing our clients HR function across the organisation. You will work closely with senior leaders to deliver a people management strategy that supports the overall aims and objectives of the organisation. This is a fairly operational role. You will review the delivery and lead on all HR projects, manage the HR, Recruitment and Payroll functions and provide a full integrated HR service across the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility and accountability for the operational planning and organisation, management and day to day running of the HR and Payroll functions
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Attend quarterly Management Board meetings to provide HR advice on a strategic, policy and practical basis
- Have a thorough understanding of employment law, in particular relating to contracts, terms and conditions, TUPE, discrimination, fair dismissal and grievances
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence and redundancy
- Provide leadership and guidance on issues relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and champion the organisations commitment to equality and diversity
- Monitor and manage the organisations commitments to equality and diversity and be responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of current policy, reporting to the Management board on both compliance and further steps to support and develop the policy
- Work with Heads of Department to develop and deliver an appraisal process that is aligned with the needs of the organisation and supports its culture, values and performance objectives
- Review and maintain a compensation and benefits package which balances market competitiveness, affordability and organisational values
- Create and deliver employee engagement and wellbeing initiatives to aid employee retention and satisfaction
- Support the Recruitment Adviser in delivering a recruitment strategy that meets the requirements of the business
- Work with the training department to ensure that L&D strategies are developed and implemented across the organisation to support current and future organisational needs
- Manage the HR budget and report on current and future staffing costs and initiatives
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all HR initiatives, including compliance with GDPR requirements
- Oversee the updating and review of HR policies as and when appropriate in line with legislative changes
- Lead on the implementation of specific project, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the overall objectives of the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to degree level
- CIPD qualified to Chartered Member or equivalent experience
- Significant experience as a generalist HR practitioner dealing with a full breadth of HR matters at a senior level
- Experience of leading a team
- Ability to deal effectively with a large number of complex and competing demands
- Practical experience of current employment legislation and best practice
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills is required together with proven leadership capabilities
- Ability and preparedness to work flexibly
- Should you feel this role is relevant and you are interested in this role, do come back to me at your earliest convenience
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.