HR Manager, Hybrid, Flexible Working
Reporting to the Head of HR, this role is at the heart of a busy HR department, and you will be expected to contribute at operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer-focused HR service. At the front line and accessible to company employees and managers you will provide expert professional advice and support on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, which fully reflects the company's policies, current employment legislation and best practice.
You will be expected to maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels of the organisation. The communication skills required include the ability to communicate complex, sensitive and contentious information.
Working within a small team, you will have line management responsibility for the HR Coordinator, and Recruitment Coordinator, encouraging and supporting them to develop their careers, skills base and knowledge.
A passionate, robust, resilient and highly articulate individual with gravitas, you will deputise for the Group Head of HR as and when necessary, so should feel comfortable presenting and communicating with the senior executive team.
- Working with the Group Head of HR to implement the annual HR plan to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Company, identifying and implementing strategic HR projects as and when required
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with maternity/paternity/parental leave requests and flexible working requests
- Working closely with Line managers to determine training needs analysis of employees.
- Guidance and support to all employees on full range of HR activities including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of departments, recruitment and retention, performance management, employee relations, employee reward, learning and development and internal communications
- Work closely with senior and line managers, providing them with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities (including policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment, absence management, restructuring of services, performance management, redundancy planning etc.) in order to ensure a consistent and fair approach to people management.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors. Manage investigations, disciplinary and grievance matters in conjunction with the management.
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of the company's policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Ensure that managers and employees are aware of the policies and procedures and able to operate them effectively.
- Ensure that employees and Line Managers are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues.
- Assist with the annual salary review process, as and when required.
- Providing support in answering audit queries.
Skills & Experience Required
- CIPD qualified/Degree (or equivalent qualified)
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at operational level
- Fully conversant and up to date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the Internet
- Excellent attention to detail
- Co-operative and supportive team player
- A good working knowledge of HR systems
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.