This L&D Specialist role is based in Milton Keynes on an initial 12 month fixed term contract and will be supporting the Director of L&D in administering and managing their L&D offering across the business. The purpose of the role is to ensure they connect the dots between employee's development needs and what's available to further develop teams
This dynamic and forward thinking Consultancy company are based in Milton Keynes with a great reputation for well being and diversity and in need of a L&D Specialist with a coaching focused approach to support the companies growth. Part of a larger international Group the role is supported by an experienced HRD with a great L&D background keen to develop someone form this 12mtc in to a permanent role and ideally management position in the future
L&D Specialist duties and responsibilities;
- Administer the companies Development Planning and review cycle by working with managers to ensure all parts of this process are completed and recorded through the talent system
- Provide 121 coaching to managers and the senior leadership team
- Evaluating the learning and working with external suppliers to ensure the delivery of these courses are effective
- Report on the outputs from the HR System to help shape development needs and actions plans for employees
- Own and administer the annual training system. Ensuring the modules are completed and recorded within the system
- Own and publish the training/development calendar and communications to employees to highlight what development opportunities are available
- Manage the attendance and reporting of courses, workshops, and digital learning.
- Produce and deliver line manager development across the business in partnership with the HRD and in line with the business' HR Policy Framework
- Support line managers through the probation process and any performance management to help them identify what learning needs and options are available to them
- Work in partnership with the HRD to design and deliver internally focused training courses to support line manager capability
- Contribute to the delivery of development programmes in line with business strategy and organisation needs
- Co-ordinating and supporting managers with probationary and performance management processes
- Build strong working relationships at all levels to influence and engage employees
- Contribute to the equality and diversity strategy
L&D Specialist desired experience and characteristics;
- Previous L&D experience ideally in a coaching focused position
- Experience coordinating and delivering training, learning and development workshops to employees such as new starters or managers
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools in a 365 environment especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Initiative and drive; continuously improve processes and deliver against agreed objectives
- Multi-tasking experience in a fast-paced environment, completing work tasks with speed and accuracy in a detailed work environment.
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage time and prioritise effectively.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and able to engage with colleagues at all levels.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent service to customers and stakeholders at all times
- A strong team player with an excellent attitude and professional character
- Excellent communication and a solutions-focused approach to problem solving
Great flexible working is on offer for this initial 12 month ftc with the desire for someone to progress into a roel with progression prospects to move into an L&D Manager position within the next 2-3 years.