HR Operations Manager
Following our recent acquisition, we have a fantastic opportunity for a results focused HR Operations Manager to join our team. You will be joining a successful business with ambitious growth plans and this is a great opportunity to help grow and shape the HR offering to the business. This position is largely HR generalist, with a focus on the solid provision of operational HR, business focused HR advice and activities and leading the UK integration with our parent company in the US.
Individuals with a positive attitude to change and are comfortable working with ambiguity will thrive in this role. We are keen to hear from individuals with all round generalist HR experience, are happy in an operationally focused role, enjoy working on process improvements and striving for best practice. If you are looking to move into your first HR Manager role, or have done this before and can demonstrate a strong grasp of what it takes to role your sleeves up and juggle the multiple day-to-day activities, this role provides the opportunity to come in and have an immediate and real impact on the business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the UK HR activity on HR integration projects with OXGENE’s parent company
- Recommending and sourcing training and development provision, both internal and external
- Managing and continually improving HR process across the whole of the employee lifecycle and overseeing all annual processes (appraisals, pay reviews and more)
- Owning the HR System and ensuring that it is fully and efficiently utilised
- Supporting senior colleagues in turning people data into commercially focused HR plans.
- Managing the annual remuneration process including the provision of salary benchmarks, administration of bonus schemes and annual pay review communication process
- Onboarding new starters
- Advising line managers and group leaders on performance management and employee relations issues
- Supporting the talent acquisition specialist with recruitment including development of recruitment strategies
We are looking for individuals with:
- CIPD or equivalent qualification/experience
- Demonstrable HR generalist experience
- A completer finisher mindset, a passion for making things work and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrable collaboration and influencing skills and ability to work under pressure
Although experience in life sciences, biotechnology or scientific environments is preferred, candidates that demonstrate genuine interest in working in our sector are encouraged to apply.
Based on Oxford Science Park, we also offer the opportunity to work from home on a hybrid/flexible basis.
Other benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by 1 day per years service to a maximum of 30 days plus 8 UK bank/public holidays
- Additional day off on your birthday
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
- Group life cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Private medical insurance with additional wellness benefits (as a benefit in kind)
- Group Income Protection
By the start of employment, the successful candidate must have, and be able to demonstrate, permission to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are not currently able to provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates.
OXGENE, a WuXi Advanced Therapies (WuXi ATU) company, develops pioneering technologies to accelerate the discovery and biomanufacture of cell and gene therapies. We recruit only the best from across the globe to join us on our mission. We are focussed on providing our employees with a rich and rewarding work life, developing their skills sets and supporting their own personal aspirations. Our discovery technologies help pioneers advance their CAR-T, CRISPR, capsid or promoter discovery programmes. Our biomanufacturing solutions further accelerate the development and scalable manufacture of lentiviral, AAV or adenoviral vector based therapeutics.