HR Director, £65,000 - £70,000 plus strong benefits, A brand new role for a high achieving and well respected school in the Surrey area, this is an exciting opportunity to really be an expert and not only offer strategic advice but also you will be hands on operationally in a small HR team.
- Looking at the overall strategy for the school, creating a strong people plan including career paths, development opportunities and working on a number of projects as well as being day to day operationally hands on.
- Being the L&D leader, managing cultural changes, comp & bens as well as all policy and process and continuous improvement,
- Being responsible for all recruitment, employee engagement, HRIS and MI reporting, managing payroll, D&I as well as EVP and everything else HR related
- Ensuring the compliance policy is fit for purpose and owning the overall compliance piece
- Managing a small team, liaising with key stakeholders and recommending and making key decisions for the good of the school
- All comms and branding working closely with other departments
- Be seen as a subject matter expert, working very closely with the SLT and be seen as a senior leader in the business.
Skills and Experience
- You will have a really strong knowledge of all Generalist areas of HR
- Experience of leading from the front, implementing initiatives, managing a team as well as managing successful projects and you will enjoy being hands on operationally being able to manage multiple demands.
- Superb attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a flexible approach to your work as well as a can do attitude
- Be able to support sometimes outside your remit, supporting others in the school and the wider business
- Ideally be MCIPD or FCIPD, but at least be CIPD level 7 or equivalent experience
- You will have strong influencing skills, be motivated and enjoy the school environment.
- Experience in the education sector is desirable however not essential, Working for an SME and understanding a people focused environment in learning is key
Please note this role requires initial presence in the office 5 days a week - flexibility for home working will be considered/offered for school holidays.
This is a 52 week role
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.