HR Assistant- Permanent
Currently recruiting a HR Assistant within Construction. The role is based in Edinburgh for a permanent opportunity.
Highly successful business within construction
The HR Assistant team acts as the first port of call to employees and external partners for all HR related queries. The HR Assistant team will handle the majority of employee documentation including contracts of employment, recruitment paperwork and starter packs. In addition salary input to HRIS and interface with Payroll and Employee Development is important to ensure records are administered effectively. The development of reporting systems is required so management information on key HR related metrics can be routinely produced for Board and business reporting. Your responsibilities will be to ensure the HR Assistant function:
- Forms and maintains employee records
- Updates databases internally e.g. sickness absence and maternity leave
- Prepares and amends where necessary HR documents e.g. employment contracts
- Reviews and amends as necessary HR related company policies and procedures
- Communicates with external providers and partners
- Reports regularly on HR metrics such as employee turnover and absence
- Is the first point of contact for employees with any HR related queries
- Provides Payroll with relevant employee information e.g. salary and holidays
Key Capabilities Required
Skills, Capabilities and attributes
Strong IT skills, with solid practical experience of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint. You will use IT as a key tool in providing management information on key HR metrics The ability to prioritise and multitask within a timebound environment is important. You will be highly organised with the ability to prioritise tasks to meet business needs and understand the need for and maintain confidentiality. Very good communication, administration and interpersonal skills are important.
Articulate communicator and able to work with tact, diplomacy, integrity and confidentiality. Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities. A strong team player and someone who takes accountability for their and the assistant team's deliverables.
Knowledge, Experience and Qualification
Previous recent experience of working within an HR environment.
- Able to prioritise workload and work on own initiative
- Work with the HR team to ensure continuous improvement and efficiency of key HR processes
- Interface and collaboration with colleagues within HR as well as outwith i.e all employees, across all levels within the organisation
- Fantastic additional benefits
- Permanent role
- Initially home based due to Covid, expectation will be to be in the office once opened