Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
Farnborough Airport, conveniently located near the heart of London, is Europe’s finest facility dedicated exclusively to business aircraft. Historic site of the famous Airshow, the airport has been developed to be the most modern and state of the art facility dedicated to business aviation in Europe.
We are recruiting an Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator whose primary role is to advise the Head of Safety and Compliance and all the Managers on all occupational safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations.
The Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator is designated responsibility by the Head of Safety and Compliance to control and update the Health and Safety documentation and to ensure that all Departments operate to the procedures and instructions contained there:
In particular the H&S Coordinator will:
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and to bring to the attention of the Head of Safety and Compliance any relevant new legislation and promulgate it to all the relevant Managers.
- Attend such courses/seminars run by external sources to enable accurate interpretation of legislation to enable implementation within the organisation.
- Ensure that all “assessments” as required by legislation are conducted and reviewed at relevant intervals and to maintain records of the same.
- To recommend control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all the company’s operations.
- Immediately contact the Head of Safety and Compliance if situations are found, that in the opinion of the Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
- To notify the Head of Safety and Compliance if the corrective action agreed after any workplace inspection is not implemented by the arranged date.
- To carry out investigations into all occupational health and safety events and to record the findings on the relevant forms.
- Advise the Head of Safety and Compliance of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- To arrange Health surveillance as instructed.
- To highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance.
- To bring new techniques for improving health, safety and welfare to the attention of the Head of Safety and Compliance.
- To set a personal example by wearing appropriate personal protective clothing/equipment and observing all safety requirements/procedures.
- To adhere to Compliance & Safety standards and Environmental policies/guidelines at all time
Qualification and Educational requirements:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is essential
- You must have previous experience of working as Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator or similar to be considered for this role.
- Experience of delivering training packages.
Training and Knowledge:
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and other legislation relevant to the Companies business.
- Effectively influence those at a senior level.
- Professional in their approach to dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong organisational or administrative skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach.
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Strong teamwork skills are essential.
Benefits include competitive salary plus bonus, pension, life assurance, Health Cash plan, 24 days holiday.
Applications including CV and salary details should be sent to:
We will only contact successful candidates
At Farnborough Airport, we are dedicated to promoting the health, wellness and safety of our employees. The role of Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator will report into the Head of Security and Compliance, and will be responsible for supporting the Management team and wider business to ensure the principles of Health, Safety and wellness in the workplace are upheld.
- Previous experience of advising on Employee Heath, wellness and safety
- Experience of supporting a culture dedicated to the welfare of its employees
- Demonstratable history of applying the Health and Safety at work act in a working environment
- NEBOSH Qualification
- Experience of upholding and promoting the principles of ISO45001
- Experience of working in a small to medium size busines