Pay and Reward Specialist 12 Month Contract - Public Sector
We are looking for an experienced Pay and Reward Specialist who is an adaptable and efficient organiser, with acute attention to detail. You will possess the determination to work at pace whilst managing multiple projects. If this is you, please do read on.
A Public Sector Security business.
- provide pay, benefits and recognition advice, guidance and decisions on complex pay cases and reward issues. Balancing issues of internal fairness, equal pay, the need to recruit and retain and maintaining integrity with regards to public sector rules and ethics.
- support the preparation of pay cases being presented to the sponsoring department, you will gain exposure to the most senior members of the organisation and will be trusted to put together cases that are backed up by effective pay/ cost modelling.
- Obtain and analyse a wide range of management information on recruitment and retention difficulties, turnover, exit interviews etc from the HRIS and recruitment systems and from recruiting managers and HR Business Partners.
- Identify and develop/implement improvements to the pay and reward processes
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders and build effective relationships with relevant counterparts in central government.
Essential education skills, experience and competence required
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent work experience as a reward professional or HR generalist with significant focus on reward including pay and benchmarking, recognition and benefits, reward modelling and forecasting
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Very good attention to detail plus numerical and analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to manipulate data from different systems
- Ability to present numerical data in a visual way that is easy to understand
- Creative thinker
- Good planning skills
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to work to firm, and sometimes conflicting, deadlines
- Good knowledge and practical experience in Reward and benefit packages, with the ability to define relevant HR metrics to undertake benchmarking projects.
Desirable qualification skills, experience and competence
- Preferably working towards graduate status of CIPD or other equivalent qualification or part qualified.
-Familiarity and knowledge of Hay job evaluation would be beneficial
- Experienced in preparing presentation materials
- Experience/familiarity with public sector environment
- Awareness of public sector pay restraints
Excellent benefits package.