Interim Payroll Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Interim Payroll Manager / Brighton / Accountancy / HR / Remote Working
Our client based in Brighton are seeking an Interim Payroll Manager for a temporary contract.
As Interim Payroll Manager:
- Accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database to include additions deductions and amendments.
- Administer and calculate bank staff pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments with the HR team.
- Timely and accurate completion of the monthly payrolls.
- Complete all statutory and regulatory monthly and annual returns required by HMRC, and our pension providers.
- Conduct regular systems checks to ensure that the payroll database is working correctly and to identify any problems.
- Working closely with colleagues in the finance department, ensuring that monthly reconciliations for budget purposes are undertaken.
- Produce detailed management reports as required by the business.
- Keeping up to date with relevant regulations/legislation and determine the impact of any changes, taking action to implement changes where necessary.
- Ensuring all staff are kept informed of changes which may impact on the organisation or individuals.
- Produce and maintain up-to-date and comprehensive guidance notes on using the payroll elements of the system.
- Hold a recognised qualification in Payroll and Pensions e.g. CIPP Diploma in Payroll Management or equivalent
- Member of Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP)
- Previous knowledge of Payroll Management in a medium to large organisation
- Detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules.
- Substantial use of computerised payroll systems involving all aspects of payroll.
- Designing and implementing internal controls and audits.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions.
£22 - 25 per hour DOE