Early Careers and Development Co-ordinator- Permanent
5 days left
- Full Time
Currently a Early Careers and Development Co-ordinator for permanent role. This position is based in Edinburgh for a Global law firm.
Global law firm
The individual will work closely with the Early Careers team, which is comprised of two Early Careers Recruitment and Development Coordinators, the Early Careers Recruitment Lead and the Early Careers Development Advisor. Together the team provide support, guidance, tools and frameworks, internally and externally, in order to attract, select and retain high quality graduate talent.
While the focus of the role is the UK, internal advice and guidance is often given to offices across Europe and the Middle East.
- Deliver adverts and communication materials in line with the team's marketing and attraction strategy. This includes collaboration with the design team and uploading materials to the business systems, digital media platforms, and to university, school & college websites.
- Coordinate with the second Early Careers Recruitment and Development Coordinator to manage posts and scheduling for the early careers social media platforms
- Book, co-ordinate and attend job fairs and events; this includes liaising with the relevant internal and external contacts, arranging attendees and co-ordinating required materials
- Arrange, promote and co-ordinate attraction events in house and externally with schools, colleges and universities.
- Acting as the first point of contact for university Brand Ambassador queries.
- Alongside the Early Careers Recruitment Lead, collaborate with internal diversity networks and external providers to manage programs and events related to inclusive outreach and recruitment.
- Arrange, co-ordinate and facilitate assessment centres across the UK - London, Milton Keynes and Scotland.
- Actively manage candidates through the applicant tracking system.
- Proactively identify and manage all applications that have declared a required adjustment to the process.
- In conjunction with the Early Careers Recruitment Lead, arrange and co-ordinate all vacation scheme activity; including allocation of placements, skills assessments and feedback.
- Screen applications for all programs.
- Conduct first round interviews for scholarship, vacation scheme, trainee and apprenticeship candidates.
- Co-ordinate and conduct feedback sessions following interviews and assessment centres.
Offers and On-boarding
- Extend verbal offers to successful candidates
- Co-ordinate with the HR Services Centre regarding the offer and on-boarding process
- In conjunction with the Early Careers Recruitment Lead, define and co-ordinate 'keep in touch' strategy (takes place during the period between offer and start date)
- In conjunction with the Early Careers Development Advisor and Talent Development team, assist with the annual apprentice and trainee induction programs.
- Where required, and with support of the Early Careers Development Advisor, act as the first point of contact for all queries from the apprentice cohort.
- Working with the HR Services Centre, coordinate the administration for client and international secondments including producing secondment letters, organising visas and accommodation
- Manage the trainee SRA/LSS registration and admission processes
- Co-ordinate with the HR Services Centre regarding the Newly Qualified (NQ) offer process
- Actively work with relevant employees and Partners to ensure that they are fully aware of the early careers recruitment & development strategy and their role in delivering that strategy
- Partner with relevant HR employees to ensure that the delivery of the strategy is streamlined and efficient
- Forge strong, productive and mutually beneficial relationships with relevant publications, websites, careers advisors, students, student groups and brand ambassadors
- Proactively manage the external relationships with schools and universities and act as the first point of contact for careers advisors, students, student groups and brand ambassadors
- Work closely with the current trainees, apprentices and associates to encourage them to be move actively involved in the attraction and selection of early careers talent.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party partner organisations including law schools, the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and Law Society of Scotland (LSS)
- Work closely with and proactively manage the day to day relationships with the HR Services Centre to ensure that they have the materials and tools required to manage their aspect of the process
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
·Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent
- The ability and willingness to travel throughout UK to attend in-house and eternal events
- Previous experience/education within a recruitment, HR and/or legal environment
- Preferred experience within a volume environment and/or event planning and management
- Proficient user of the MS Office suite and preferably an understanding of recruitment systems
- Ability to manage a varied and demanding workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to quickly build rapport with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the confidence to present to large groups
- Exceptional attention to detail, high levels of accuracy and a commitment to high quality standards
- Proactive in seeking ways to improve
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Awareness of relevant employment legislation and its application
- Basic understanding of third party management principles
- Competitive salary and additional benefits
- Hybrid working