We are currently looking for an experienced HR Officer to support employees across the whole business. You will deal with everything from effective onboarding of new staff members to all employee relations matters. Its an exciting role with scope to get involved in a variety of tasks and no two days will be the same.
Our client are a thriving law firm and this position is being brought in to work alongside the HR Manager. They are looking for somebody that can hit the ground running with a can do approach. Its a friendly environment so they want to ensure they find somebody approachable that can work with and communicate across all levels of the business.
The main duties of the HR Officer are:
- To be the first point of contact for HR related enquiries
- Provide a comprehensive HR service to the firm's employees ranging from Directors to support staff
- Ensuring adherence to employment law and advising line managers on company policies and procedures
- Management of all aspects of HR administration including the new starter and leaver process in accordance with the requirements of the business and in line with data protection and employment legislation
- Supporting Line Managers and Department Heads with a complete end to end recruitment service ensuring that the business attracts, recruits and retains talent and has the appropriate resources to deliver on their obligations
- Issuing offers and contracts to successful candidates
- Effective onboarding of new starters joining the business.
- Handling employee relations matters including, but not limited to disciplinary investigations, grievance investigations, absence and performance management.
- Maintaining the current HR system to ensure that employee records are kept up to date, accurate and comply with relevant legislation
- Influencing, coaching and mentoring line managers in the delivery of best HR practice
- Ensuring that the company's Performance and Progression Reviews are arranged, completed and documented in accordance with the company policy
- Ensuring that maternity / paternity procedures are followed in compliance with internal procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensuring complete and accurate documentation is undertaken for all leavers including the provision of references where required
We are looking for somebody with a true passion to further progress their career in HR. You must have proven, generalist HR experience in a fast paced environment while upholding business standards.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- A confidential and professional approach is essential as is the ability to demonstrate integrity and respect
- To be able to work independently with excellent planning and organisational skills
- A self motivated, enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
- IT Literate
- Ideally, CIPD level 3 (or 5) with the desire to continue professional development (support may be available in this respect)
- Excellent relationship builder with strong communication skills - both verbal and written and the ability to communicate effectively and confidently, building strong relationships with people at all levels
Stoke on Trent
Salary negotiable dependant on experience.