Newly created HR Manager role
Your new company
I am delighted to be given the opportunity to work in partnership with Five Lamps a not for profit organisation located in Thornaby - on - Tees to exclusively recruit for a newly created HR Manager post.
The purpose of this position is to lead the development and oversee the implementation and evaluation of best practice people strategies that support Five Lamps in being an exemplar employer and achieving its vision, mission, and strategies.
Within this newly created HR role you will be responsible for the people and driving the culture of the organisation as well as being a HR generalist from an operational and strategic perspective working closely with senior managers.
Your new role
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following;
- Develop and keep up to date, HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes. Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary
- Provide first line advice on HR and people matters to employees, managers & Trustees.
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement, TUPE and redundancy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies and ensuring recruitment is in line with budgeted expenditure. Support the recruitment process include writing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing interview questions, attending interviews, following a fair selection process, and providing candidate feedback.
- Leading on employee onboarding ensuring an excellent experience
- Support Line Managers to deliver HR policy & People strategy including to manage absenteeism for both short- and long-term absence, performance and career development.
- Oversee any maternity, paternity, and other family leave, ensuing the Organisation follows best practice and adheres to all HR related regulations.
- Lead on the Organisations learning and development plan, providing support to the Head of Business Development & Assurance.
- Manage the Organisation's HR budgets for HR systems, consultancy, recruitment, training, and staff welfare. Lead on a People Strategy to support the Business Strategy, which focuses on employee engagement and wellbeing and ensures Five Lamps is a great place to work.
- Oversee effective internal communications. Develop and implement an internal communication strategy.
- Collaborating with other managers in the business to ensure the smooth running of the company and to deliver continuous improvement and effective change management.
- Lead on the development of our culture across the organisation
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support & innovate change management processes.
- Manage talent and succession planning and oversee personal development and succession planning across the Organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
To be a successful applicant within this process you will need to be able to demonstrate an experienced background within HR previously holding L.5 CIPD or working towards your CIPD L.5 or above.
You will also have experience or knowledge in the below;
- Solid understanding of employment regulations
- Ability to deal with high volume caseloads and organise and prioritise own workload Understanding the organisations mission, vision and values
- Full clean driving license and access to a car
- Committed, enthusiastic, reliable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for HR Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly