Senior HR Business Partner
About the role
As a Senior HR Business Partner for DS Smith’s Packaging division in the UK (Retail North cluster), you will provide HR leadership, support and guidance to our employees, developing and implementing the HR corporate plan and strategic priorities, working closely with the Directors in your cluster. You will have responsibility for several manufacturing sites across the North of England and Scotland, working closely with the General Managers and their teams for each site, maximising and driving delivery plans.
We’re looking for you to be a true partner to the business, driving results and people capabilities, ensuring commercial and business engagement from the cluster, and driving the people plan of DS Smith in the UK using insights from the people survey, attrition reports and other data. Within the role, you will need to look at headcount and salary budgets, reward frameworks and benefits, performance management, talent development, succession plans and resourcing, and workforce productivity action plans.
You will provide leadership to the site GMs and HR teams on change management, communication, and engagement, offering advice and coaching on business specific needs and performance issues. You will deliver standardisation and consistency across all our sites, sharing best practice recommendations and continuous improvement solutions, with a focus on management capability. You will develop new policies, procedures, and processes, ensuring that we stay compliant with HR legislation and keeping all employee data in Workday accurate and up to date. To your direct team of HR Advisors, you should be a mentor and a coach, able to establish development goals and a talent pipeline.
We’re looking for someone that can build, foster, and drive a culture of collaboration, partnering, accountability and continuous improvement. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 packaging company that is looking to make a difference, giving you the chance to a make a real impact and drive change.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a professional HR qualification (e.g. CIPD)
- Significant experience in HR management positions, managing teams in a fast-paced, multi-site/location environment with a large direct workforce, ideally in manufacturing
- Experience with project management and implementing change processes (e.g. organisation design and selection, HR Information Systems implementation, reorganisations)
- Highly commercial, able to align HR strategy with business objectives and financial drivers
- An excellent communicator, fluent in written and spoken English
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Discretionary bonus and car allowance
- Pension and share scheme
- Private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts