HR Consultant based in Essex £25/30k
As HR Consultant you will be responsible for the resolution of HR issues. You will provide HR advice, guidance, training and support to customers in and around the Essex area in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and current best practice
Your new role
- Provide proactive, flexible and robust HR advice and support to customers in person, on the telephone, by email or in writing, on a full range of HR issues.
- Support leaders in the effective management of case work in accordance with agreed protocols.
- Attend meetings and hearings as required to offer advice and support on HR matters, in line with best practice and assessed risk.
- Manage safeguarding cases in line with statutory and local procedures, liaising with Police and other agencies
- Support the effective management of redundancies and restructuring, including attending consultation meetings and managing processes on behalf of the Local Authority
- Support the conversion of status and other TUPE situations, ensuring legal frameworks are adhered to.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven track record of involvement in providing an HR service within an organisation.
- Ideally working towards CIPD qualification to build the knowledge required or evidence of competence within a similar setting.
- Experience of providing advice and support to managers and other staff on a range of HR practice,
- preferably in a customer orientated organisation.
- Experience of working on projects with set outcomes and timescales, with an understanding of the basic principles of project management and change management and practice
- Developed interpersonal and influencing skills, including training delivery
- Ability to work in a fast-moving working environment, manage time with competing demands effectively.
- Commitment to continuous professional development and learning
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday & Bank holidays
- Development opportunity to Senior HR Consultant
- Working hours are 9 - 17.30
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for HR Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly