HR Administrator Term Time / Brighton / Human Resources
A growing Education backed organisation are seeking a HR Administrator Term Time on a permanent basis for 39 weeks of the year.
As HR Administrator Term Time you will be responsible for:
Recruitment and Selection
- Carry out all the administrative processes in the recruitment process, for example; prepare recruitment documents/packs, support in drafting adverts and Job Descriptions for the HR Advisor, receive and log application forms, manage the HR inbox and any other sources, book interview rooms and coordinate the interview day
- Ensure that the HR service undertakes all necessary employment checks including DBS checks and right to work, qualification and medical checks and references.
- Collect ID and related information for payroll and HR files on the day
On-boarding and Induction
- Administer the process for new employees by:
- Preparing contracts and offer letters for the HR Advisor
- Updating the HR Database
- Coordinating pre employment health checks
- Liaise with payroll, IT and all other relevant departments to coordinate equipment needed in advance of new starters (laptops, school pass, payroll etc)
- Administer the probation process ensuring Managers know when review meetings need to take place.
Sickness and Absence
- Coordinate and add absence information to the Database
- Upload sick notes and documentation
- Advise the HR advisor of absence issues and triggers points
- Organise absence meetings for the HR Advisor to attend (book rooms, coordinate diaries etc)
- Ensure that all payroll instructions are prepared and logged in time for the monthly payroll run and submitted to the Payroll Officer, for example; contractual variations, new starters, leavers, address changes etc.
Appraisal and Staff Development
- Support the HR Advisor in administering the annual appraisal cycle, chase, collect and record completed appraisals and training needs.
Database and Staff Files
- Ensure the HR Database accurately reflects current staff conditions and details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave.
- Audit HR database regularly
- Filing and uploading of all staff documents
Advice and Guidance
- Escalate queries to the HR Advisor and more complex issues to the HR Manager
- Assist in minute taking and case preparation for case work
- Ensure resignations are acknowledged in a timely manner, the Line Manager and HR Advisor and payroll are aware of the process in accordance with the employee's terms and conditions.
- Book exit interviews with the HR Manager
- Carry out general administration tasks for the HR Department
- Ensure electronic and paper-based personnel files are maintained and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain an up to date Procedures Manual
- Strong knowledge of HR Administration
- Happy to work term time only
- Good computer and keyboard skills
- Managing a HR database
- Attention to detail
£22-23,000 FTE + benefits