The Centre for Social Justice (CSJ) is a not-for-profit organisation that fights the causes and impact of poverty across the UK. We have built a network of over 400 small grassroots charitable organisations which enable us to learn from those who understand the true nature of poverty and work to help people reach their potential.
Following significant organisational growth, including the newly formed CSJ Foundation, we are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in a newly created role. This is a full-time role, however, hours are negotiable for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum (plus Bank Holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension plan with employer contribution of 3%
- Flexible working conditions
- Tenancy deposit and season ticket loan scheme
- Excellent team culture
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience of successfully managing the day-to-day operations of an organisation, including running their HR function, to thrive at the heart of our organisation.
This is a varied and important role where you will have the chance to work across all aspects of our HR function and play a vital part in helping us improve the efficiency of our operations.
When you join us, you’ll discover a dedicated team working together to bring about change and address the root causes of poverty. So, if you are looking for a role where you can drive improvements and positively impact our working culture and operations, we want to hear from you.
As the Operations Manager, you will ensure the smooth day-to-day running of our organisation and oversee all aspects of HR, central infrastructure and compliance.
Reporting to the Finance and Operations Director, you will lead the co-ordination and administration of all HR activity. Specifically, you will manage the full people lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding, manage the recruitment process and workforce development plan and provide support in resolving HR issues.
You will help manage our central infrastructure, taking responsibility for the procurement and management of contracts for services. You will also help develop and implement an efficient IT infrastructure fit for the future.
You will champion a positive team culture and help build and maintain a strong team that works together and enables high impact and performance across all areas.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage and develop staff training and development plans
- Develop and implement organisational wide policies, systems and strong working practices
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations including H&S and relevant regulators
To join us as an Operations Manager, you will need:
- Experience of successfully managing the day-to-day operations of an organisation
- Knowledge and experience of running the HR function of an organisation
- To be IT literate and able to develop and maintain the systems and processes that enable a team to work effectively together
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work well on multiple tasks, to short deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- The ability to manage complex and highly confidential information with absolute discretion and a high degree of personal integrity
- A commitment to excellence and high standards of professionalism with an exceptional work ethic
The closing date for applications is the 13th August 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Business Operations Manager, Business Support Manager, or HR & Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and the CSJ are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.