We’re seeking an experienced HR Advisor for a growing business based in Hampshire, providing advice and support to managers within a very varied environment. This will include first level advice to managers and employees on a variety of HR issues (such as contracts of employment, disciplinary, grievance, termination, performance management, maternity and sickness absence) as well as providing an administration service.
• Record and manage employee data to ensure managers are aware of probationary period expiry dates, maternity leave dates, levels of employee sickness absence, visa expiry dates, DBS and driving licence checks and additional right to work checks as required.
• Maintain employee files and data; provide appropriate management information to clients for starters, leavers and turnover levels etc.
• Update and maintain payroll files for and support with payroll administration.
• Prepare contracts of employment, offer letters, and draft other correspondence (for example; acknowledgement of resignation letters, disciplinary and grievance invite and outcome letters, sickness absence and AWOL letters, and change to terms letters) and other general correspondence, as required.
• Prepare and update HR documents (for example; forms, interview questions, checklists) following changes in employment legislation or requirements.
• Review, maintain and update new and existing policies and handbooks in line with requirements and legislative changes. • Act as first line of support for dealing with and responding to queries (for example employment law, maternity, paternity, grievances, disciplinaries and performance management). Referring to the senior members of the team where appropriate.
• Carry out immigration and reference checks as required.
• Provide advice on disciplinary, grievance and redundancy meetings, attending multiple sites and taking notes as required.
• Draft and continually review written documentation, making recommendations for improvements. This will include absence related documents, probationary period review letters, outcome of disciplinary and grievance letters, restructure documentation etc.
• Supporting the wider team to carry out ad hoc projects including benchmarking exercises, performance management system development, staff communications, compliance research; training programmes and other ad hoc work as required.
Suitable candidate will have good commercial acumen and strong communication skills at all levels. You will have a proven track record in HR administration and providing advice and guidance on UK employment law in a fast-paced environment. You will also have sound experience of providing first line employee relations support. Experience working in Education, Healthcare, Retail or Hospitality would be beneficial.