Human Resources Business Partner
We’re excited to be recruiting a Human Resources Business Partner to lead all aspects of our People plans and strategy across two key De Vere properties, Cotswold Water Park and Tortworth Court.
Based at Cotswold Water Park in South Cerney, near Cirencester, this is a truly exciting HR role within hospitality. This is a broad role with significant responsibility and with that comes great opportunity to be instrumental in the driving of significant successes for the business.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Every detail matters in our business, so working with the General Managers and senior team at your properties to compile a highly effective and compelling People business plan is key.
You’ll provide a strategic and commercial approach to Human Resources, delivering the People business plan to both meet and exceed the needs of the business. It needs to be proactive, intuitive and incorporate guidance and advice to your General Managers and senior teams on all aspects of HR.
Leading the HR function and People agenda for your properties means you’ll be thinking strategically about future business needs, including the development, engagement and motivation of colleagues, and monitoring and communicating on colleague well-being, morale and engagement.
- Develop robust and purposeful relationships with key stakeholders
- Work closely with HR Director to manage strategic change process
- Deliver effective communication plans that drive best practice on all people issues
- Ensure all company processes and procedures are appropriately managed within legal and timely deadlines
- Understand training needs of the business, develop team skillsets, champion group L&D programmes and coach HODs to embed a learning mind-set with their teams
- Provide guidance and best practice that drives and improves the overall performance of the business
- Supporting and overseeing teams to follow robust recruitment processes, attraction plans and succession planning
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a highly credible leader, confident in influencing senior colleagues and passionate about communicating and cascading best practice and standards. We need you to drive and embed brand values, promises and the quality of our product and services.
Experience in working with employment law knowledge is essential, as is knowledge of health and safety, fire and food hygiene. Outstanding commercial and strategic business skills are essential, and you’ll be able to accurately manage a challenging workload and some projects at any one time. It would be desirable for you to have previous experience working with a HR Management Information System in a hotel, conference centre or other area of hospitality, as well as a CIPD qualification.
A natural collaborator will thrive in this role, so you’ll be adept at rapidly building rapport and trust with key stakeholders and managers. You’ll have a dynamic, bright personality, with an intuitive and adaptable approach. This is a great opportunity to join one of the brightest brands in the sector, so if you’re interested, apply online or contact Charlotte Turton for more information.
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
- Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
- Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
- Financial rewards for delivering sensational service