The role reports directly to the Chief Executive and is responsible for leading the HR department. The role is required to provide a high quality support function enabling the organisation to achieve its operational and strategic aims, helping deliver positive change. The HR Manager will help the organisation to attract, recruit, develop and retain high quality staff whilst supporting our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
An exciting and successful not for profit organisation based in Liverpool City Centre.
- Develop and review HR policies and procedures to ensure they are effective and support the organisation's Strategy and its Values and comply with current legislation
- Act as HR counsel to the Executive and Leadership Team on all people related matters
- Be an integral member of the Diversity and Inclusion project team to help drive positive change and ensuring that this is woven into all people policies, processes and practices
- Responsibility for creating and managing a Training and Development strategy and framework which ensures people are fully trained, supported and nurtured to be their best, with sourcing and provision of internal and externally delivered training programmes
- Assume overall responsibility for the recruitment function, including that of professional musicians, to ensure that the organisation is seen as an attractive and inclusive employer
- Lead on managing the appraisal process and equip the executive and management teams with the performance management tools and support required to build and maintain high performing teams who can deliver high quality results.
- Provide comprehensive HR management reports to show key trends and the identify areas to drive improvements
- Manage the full cycle of employee relation processes such as disciplinary and grievance, using your knowledge and expertise to support the other managers within the processes
Lead on managing trade union relations to ensure positive and effective relationships with our two recognised trade unions
Support the development of the sector leading Performance and Wellbeing programme
Lead other HR associated projects
- CIPD qualified (Level 7)
- Demonstrable experience working within HR at a comparable level
- Experience managing complex employee relations issues
- Experience supporting multiple managers / departments
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and regulation
- Experience of creating a training and development strategy
- Experience of embedding diversity and inclusion into HR practices
- Experience of working in a Unionised environment