Training & Competence Manager
Financial Services (Financial Planning)
Bracknell or City of London
I have partnered with a unique market leading Financial Services organisation in their search for a Training & Competence Manager to replace a long-standing member of staff that has transitioned into a new position internally. The successful candidate will be expected to continue develop and support all training & competence policies and procedures for the Financial Planning side of the business.
- Understand and maintain knowledge of the regulatory environment and translate the requirements into practical and effective T&C policy and procedures
- Oversee the keeping of accurate and comprehensive records of T&C activities both centrally and within the business areas
- Understand and maintain knowledge of the regulatory requirements related to the SM&CR and translate requirements into practical and effective SM&CR policy and procedures.
- Oversee the certification activities necessary for all certified persons and ensure that these are completed in an accurate and timely manner and that team members are appropriately certified for the activities that they carry out
- Understand and maintain knowledge of the regulatory requirements for competence, communicating them in a manner to ensure the business understands the requirements
- Oversee the procedures supporting the measurement of competence within business areas ensuring that they are accurately and comprehensively carried out and that appropriate records are kept
- Ensure training & development needs are appropriately identified. Implement practical and effective training solutions, measuring and reporting on the return on investment
- Proven T&C and/or SM&CR experience at manager level, ideally within an HR of Compliance Function
- Experience of working in an FCA regulated environment with a good understanding of T&C requirements
- Ability to develop effective working relationships at all levels across the Group and in particular with senior management
- Relevant financial services or compliance qualification