This ER Specialist role is based out of the Milton Keynes Head office for this leading Retail organisation with a key focus on providing Employee Relations expertise to operational business units across the country with occasional travel that is rewarded with flexible working. Working within a great People function this role offers development into a permanent position for the right individual on an initial contract basis
The HR Function of this national retail organisation are a proactive and hardworking bunch who have built an environment that's busy, fast-moving and full of energy. An exciting opportunity has been created to join an excellent ER team as ER Specialist supporting Retail stores across the country.
This is a newly created role reporting to and working closely with the Senior People Partner for Retail and Relations to identify and take the lead in improving the overall efficiency and effectiveness of Employee Relations team as they move to a more central based model. With hundreds of managers requiring support, as well as partnering and managing cases yourself, you will lead a small team of ER Advisors as ER Specialist whilst working closely with the wider people team to offer a best in class service.
Head Office in Milton Keynes this Sunday Times Best Big Company to work for has great colleague engagement.
ER Specialist Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build credible and influential relationships across the retail functions influencing all levels of management to make sound and appropriate people management decisions, whilst acting with integrity at all times.
- Ensuring you and your team are providing fair and commercially focused support on all ER matters including complex disciplinary and performance related matters, organisational design changes as well as general ER and people matters.
- Develop in conjunction with key stakeholders, realistic, timely and achievable SLA's for the Central People Advisory team.
- Partner with the relevant stakeholders to give confidence to managers in order to improve ER capability across the entire business; to provide line managers with confidence to deal with their people, helping to improve capability and reduce unnecessary case load.
- Lead the ER team to ensure all cases are risk assessed with all high risk cases gaining indemnity cover (where appropriate) from our Company Solicitors. Leading through any tribunal matters should any arise
- Review existing Employee Relations systems, processes, activities and ways of working with a lens of continuous improvement and innovation, redesigning these as appropriate to drive ER operational efficiency's and boosting ER case-handling productivity within the team - with colleague and management experience a priority.
- Partner with the L&D team to design and implement appropriate ER training and people management training to address identified issues.
- Contributing to wider business projects and initiatives (e.g. Diversity & Inclusion)
As ER Specialist You'll need to be available on short notice and have demonstrated experience of:
- Complex ER case management.
- Leading or playing a senior role in a ER/HR Advisory function
- Be comfortable dealing with high volume, highly sensitive and confidential matters in a fast-paced environment.
- Mediation & conflict resolution skills
- Employment Tribunals and Employment Legislation
- Interpreting, simplifying and applying employment legislation to develop policy and practice.
- Managing complex and large-scale cases ideally in the retail or similar industry
You will also:
- Have high standards, be curious and inquisitive
- Be resilient when dealing with difficult and complex matters.
- Have strong organisational skills and be able to prioritise
- Enjoy communicating; verbal and written - communication is key as this role is about building relationships and trust and influencing at every level of our business.
- Have a commitment to exceptional colleague support and passion for creating great colleague experiences.
- And above all….not be afraid to get your sleeves rolled up and get stuck in with the team - this is a great opportunity for a commercially focused and forward thinking HR professional, with a passion for driving a progressive workplace culture through effective colleague relations.
- Flexibility in working hours (& a level of home working)
- Great holiday allowance
- Holiday Purchase Scheme to increase your annual leave entitlement.
- Company contributory pension contribution.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance.
- Healthcare Plans.
- Free Car Parking.