Your new company
Hays HR are proud to partner once again with our Manufacturing client, based in Cardiff, who are looking for a Part Time HR Manager to partner with the Managing Director the role will act as a commercially focused and strategic interface between HR and the business, to proactively support and add value in the delivery of the business growth and develop the organisational culture.
Your new role
- Help build/transform and continually improve the Couplings business through the culture and people processes such as Talent Management, Learning and Development, Reward and Recognition, Organisational Design, People Processes, High Performing Teams, Employee Engagement and Employee Relations.
- Have full responsibility and accountability for all the People related activity in Couplings, both long term and on a day to day basis. This includes, but is not limited to, the organisation structure design, recruitment, process and policy composition, benefits management, reward, payroll, sickness absence management etc.
- To coach and challenge managers to ensure decisions and solutions are made within a 'big picture' context and in the best interests of the business overall, to deliver business results.
- Build positive sustainable working relationships with employee representatives and representative groups including trade unions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Communication and promotion the core values and find ways to embed these within the business on an ongoing basis.
- Engage in and contribute to annual strategic planning process.
- Be responsible for People compliance and governance within Couplings and ensure that these are effectively communicated and adopted.
- Support and lead the necessary development, implementation and maintenance of HR systems ensuring that the data held is accurate and up to date and reporting is consistent and timely in line with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct onboarding process for new employees.
- For all employees in the business:
- Provide administration for and keep records of personnel and other HR related matters such as pay, benefits, promotions, transfers, grading and terminations etc.
- Conduct wage surveys within the labour market and make recommendations
- Coach business managers in on all HR processes
- Seek to build a positive and engaged workforce based on the values of the business
- Ensure corporate compliance with all necessary legislative requirements
- Identify training needs and provide support to meet these needs
- Fully implement Global HR systems, policies and procedures to support business operations.
- Be responsible for the development, communication and implementation of local HR policies, processes and system development projects.
- Support the design of the organisation structure together with the Managing Director and functional managers, inclusive of specific job descriptions.
- To ensure all recruitment activities are managed effectively, through supporting managers with overall resourcing requirements and facilitating the recruitment.
- Facilitate effective performance management with all managers.
- Ensure learning and development is designed and delivered on time to support business needs.
- Demonstrate success of working in partnership to deliver and implement strategic people solutions to drive organisational growth.
- Demonstrable experience working in progressive HR role, with a strong preference for experience in manufacturing.
- Able to cope with "depth of role - being a credible HR Business Partner with the Senior Leadership Team to managing and delivering day to day HR administrative services - and everything in between.
- Deep understanding of UK labour regulations.
- Can work independently on multiple projects without regular supervision.
- A great coach.
- Good numerical and verbal reasoning and excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Meticulous, and detail conscious, credible, principled with strong confidentiality, reliable, able to cope with ambiguity and change, drives improvement, low tolerance for poor performance/delivery
- Business savvy
- Focused on delivery and gets things done - not HR for HR's sake.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.