We are looking for a HR Officer that can evidence their experience and hit the ground running. Stepping into this role, you will be required to deliver an efficient and comprehensive HR service to all areas of the business, providing high levels of service whilst demonstrating integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
Our client are a thriving law firm looking for somebody that can hit the ground running with a can do approach. They are well established and forward thinking and offer a friendly, fast paced environment. They want to ensure they find somebody approachable that can work with and communicate across all levels of the business. This role will provide you with immediate responsibility and also the scope to grow further in a supported environment to the point where you will be responsible for all aspects of HR.
The main duties of the HR Officer will include being the first point of contact for HR related enquiries - both internally and externally. You will provide a comprehensive HR service to the firm's employees ranging from Directors to support staff, ensuring adherence to employment law and advising line managers on company policies and procedures
The role will also include:
- Drafting of additional policies and procedures as required
- Management of all aspects of HR administration including the new starter and leaver process in accordance with the requirements of the business and in line with data protection and employment legislation
- Supporting Line Managers and Department Heads with a complete end to end recruitment service ensuring that the business attracts, recruits and retains talent and has the appropriate resources to deliver on their obligations
- Issuing offers and contracts to successful candidates
- Preparation for and carrying out the effective onboarding of new starters joining the business
- Generation of change of terms letters and documentation relating to flexible working request, changes to hours, etc
- Maintaining the current HR system to ensure that employee records are kept up to date, accurate and comply with relevant legislation
- The provision of advice to all staff on the application of employment policies and procedures and the monitoring / updating of the same where required
- Influencing, coaching and mentoring line managers in the delivery of best HR practice
- HR reporting and ad hoc projects as and when required
- Ensuring that maternity / paternity procedures are followed in compliance with internal procedures and legislative requirements
- Ensuring complete and accurate documentation is undertaken for all leavers including the provision of references where required
- Booking and monitoring of training resources in conjunction with line managers / Department Heads.
- Providing support to all staff members' personal and professional well being
- Handling employee relations matters including, but not limited to disciplinary investigations, grievance investigations, absence and performance management
We are looking for somebody with a true passion to further progress your career in HR. You must be approachable, friendly and have a good sense of humour whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality. Relationships will be key to success in this role and as such integration into the business team will be a priority.
We need somebody that is self motivated and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work. you must be organised and pro-active attitude with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
A confidential and professional approach is essential as is the ability to demonstrate integrity and respect.
The HR Officer you will be based in Staffordshire.
Salary is £28,000- £32,000 dependant on experience.
This is a new role that you can make your own and really make an impression.