This is a generalist HR support role that will require travel to other UK sites. They are looking for an experienced and dynamic HR professional to join this fast-paced environment and energetic team.
This is a permanent position for a HR Officer to join an international airfreight company who offer express services to forwarders, custom brokers, and courier agents.
The HR Officer position based in Heathrow will involve the following tasks:
- Assisting Line Managers in resolving/escalating a range of HR issues, advising on HR policies, procedures and employment law ensuring processes are correctly implemented, managed, and updated.
- Support Line Managers in all aspects of the recruitment process, promoting a culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion, developing job descriptions, attending, and supporting candidate interviews, producing offer letters and contracts, and completing comprehensive reference checks.
- Coordinating and delivering on-boarding of new starts including management of all regulatory training.
- Building constructive relationships with internal and external customers and with colleagues across the HR departments within the organization.
- First point of contact for all HR queries, providing adequate support to the UK management team and ensuring legal compliance always in relation to how people data is processed.
- Assist Line Mangers with the analysis of training needs and assisting with the facilitation of training workshops as required.
- Management of monthly payroll input data for UK Employees in a timely manner with accurate details for pay change and within specified timed deadlines.
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues including promotion and benefits.
- Completion of Induction meetings for all new starters including all regulatory Health and Safety training and ensuring management of an effective exit process for leavers.
- Ensuring all HR & Training records are maintained and updated as required.
- Periodic travel to other sites - Manchester once a month, Crawley once a fortnight. Expenses of travel covered.
The successful candidate for the HR Officer role will need to have the following skills and experience:
- CIPD preferable
- Good knowledge of current employment legislation and its practical application.
- Excellent levels of literacy, numeracy, and attention to detail.
- Previous experience of dealing with core HR issues such as disciplinary and grievances, sickness absence, staff development and management.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative to deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
On offer to the successful candidate:
- Free parking
- Full-time, 9-5 Monday to Friday
- Office based
- Travel expenses covered