I am working with a well-known organsiation within the Education sector to support with the recruitment of a Head of HR. Reporting in the Operations Director you will be responsible across the whole HR remit supporting the leadership team and employees. As Interim Head of HR you will lead, develop and manage (including one person) the HR function in line with organisational objectives.
Key responsibilities will include.
- Ensure compliance and best practice so that policies and procedures are up to the date within use across the organization
- Support the performance management, professional development and appraisal process so that it is used productively across the organisation
- Plan and deliver organisational change including structural changes, training and development programmes
- Work with staff and external advisors to improve ethnic and cultural diversity
- Develop a programme of leadership and management training so that line managers are equipped to lead effectively
- Deliver the two-yearly Staff Survey, identifying and responding to any specific employee life-cycle improvements (including staff benefits) based on trends and feedback mechanisms.
- Provide strong business partnering with SLT and line managers; advising, supporting, steering where necessary on employee performance, employee relations, change and team restructuring projects and recruitment.
- Contribute at a strategic level in the budgeting of staff resources through annual reviews and regular salary benchmarking.
- Lead on the annual appraisal process, including providing training and advice on the process and timelines to managers and employees as needed.
- Work with managers to implement a learning & development plan and oversee the annual training budget.
- Ensure that practice across the organisation is aligned with Strategy, including ED&I policy & plan.
All applying candidates must be able to demonstrate a track record in operating at a senior HR level within the Higher Education sector ideally with exposure to working with UCU. You will be ambitious to make change and have a keen interest in key business objectives such as diversity and inequality.