HR & OD Manager
Salary Range including Fringe Payment: £42,507 to £46,485 pro rata based on 30 hours per week (7.5 hours per day (2 days in office and 2 days working from home) with a flexible non-working day). Permanent. Based in Hertford with home working 50% of working hours.
About the role
An opportunity for an HR & OD Manager has become available to work at East Herts District Council as part of the HR and OD Service Team. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as we strive to deliver an effective and comprehensive HR and OD service across the council as well as to our external HR customers.
This motivated and highly professional team is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work with a passion for HR and a commitment to continuous improvement in service delivery. If successful, you will assist across all aspects of recruitment, the employee relations service, learning and development and organisational development interventions for the council.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Leading, developing and managing the provision of a comprehensive HR/OD operational service
- Managing the HR Operations Team to deliver excellent transactional and recruitment services
- Planning, developing, co-ordinating and delivering organisational development interventions for the council
- Assisting the Head of HR and OD in developing and implementing the council’s HR Strategy
- Leading on the commissioning and delivery of identified learning and development interventions
- Leading and managing the employee relations service
- Developing and implementing the council’s Apprenticeship Programme
- Being responsible for the effective management of the service budgets and the completion and compilation of relevant budget management tools
This role will suit an organised and confident decision-maker who thrives in a fast-paced and people-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A good understanding of current and effective HR and OD practices, HR IT applications and/or systems and topical professional matters
- Experience of using an HR and Payroll System effectively
- Significant experience in handling disciplinary and grievance hearings, capability and sickness cases, redundancies and redeployment
- Experience in commissioning training to meet identified needs
- The ability to advise customers, managers and officers on HR and OD matters
- The ability to manage complex projects and multiple deadlines
- Good team leading and co-ordination skills
- Computer and IT skills including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours
- A CIPD qualification
- Membership of the CIPD
- A good standard of education
- A full driving licence and access to a vehicle available for business use
The council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its residents, specifically children and vulnerable adults. The council expects all its staff to have an understanding of Safeguarding and to share this commitment
How to apply
To apply for this role, please select the apply button shown and complete an application form.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021 at Midnight.
If you do not hear from us within three weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been successful.
If your application has been successful, the recruiting manager will contact you to invite you to an interview. We hope you enjoy the process and look forward to making contact with you very soon.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, religious belief age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit.