A brilliant opportunity is available within an international Financial Services business based in Canary Wharf. They are now looking for a Head of ER and HR Operations. This is a highly important role that is critical to the success of both HR and the high quality service that it provides to the business.
The Head of ER and HR Ops will be responsible for 4 main areas, 1) strategic and operational employee relations excellence, 2) management, motivation, coaching and guidance of a team of HRBPs, 3) all operational HR along the employee lifecycle, 4) ensuring that this function provides the best possible service to the business.
This role could potentially suit two different types of profiles. The first being candidates that have proven experience in all of the areas above and would consider themselves already to be a specialist. However we are also looking at candidates that might see this role at their next step upwards in their career. Most importantly is the passion, customer centric approach and the ability to deal with a variety of stakeholders in a fast paced and volume heavy role.
Financial Services experienced highly advantageous but not essential. Candidates must have solid ER, HRBP skills and operational HR experience.
- Maintain and build relationships with employees and management on both a local and global scale through regular and open communication.
- Provide advice on all HR issues but with a particular focus on employee relations issues
- Develop employee relations strategy and policy that drives a positive employee relations, performance and compliance culture.
- Ensure HR processes (such as the joiner, leaver and transfer processes), systems and records are managed efficiently and are maintained to the highest standards so that reporting, business and regulatory requirements are met.
- Develop and implement robust reporting processes to gather effective management information.
- Monitor trends in employment practices and advise on appropriate action.
- Lead the development and review of all employment policies and employment contracts, ensuring they are legally compliant, are relevant in today's context, whilst driving the culture and values of the business.
- Develop employee relations and consultation strategies on critical employee relations issues, advising managers of any legal and regulatory boundaries and lead resolution with minimum business impact (continuity, cost, reputation).
- Be alert to conduct risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
- Liaise with the London-based employment legal team on all employee relations matters.
- Support the enablement of a high-performance culture: Own the adherence to performance management standards and tools and drive initiatives to deliver sustained performance.
- Support an agile environment where change is the norm.
- Advise on and manage inter-company transfers and secondments when required, including managing the required immigration process.
- Manage senior employee exit strategies.
- Advise on and support managers in relation to change management issues including restructures and redundancy situations.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Development on hiring, retention, development and work force planning initiatives including performance management.
- Identify business needs and delivering HR initiatives as required.
- To be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm.
- Proven track record of strategic leadership of the ER agenda.
- Experience of developing and implementing Employee Relations strategy to drive business performance.
- Experience as Senior HR or Employee Relations leadership role; experience in leading people directly and indirectly.
- Experience of conducting complex investigations and managing significant employee relations challenges in a multi-national organisation.
- Solid understanding of UK employment law.
- Analytical with experience of analysing trends, developing insight to drive strategic decision making.
- An outstanding business partner: agile, connected and accountable for delivery.
- Highly commercial able to engage in business development discussions with significant credibility.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively with leaders at all levels.
- High levels of trust, humility and integrity to act as the conscious of the business.
- Excellent communication skills: written and verbal, including a high level of attention to detail.