The Group HR Manager role is a true generalist management position. Leading the HR, Payroll and recruitment function for the largest division of the business.
This engineering organisation have sites all over the UK with Head offices in South Yorkshire. This role will be site based 3 days a week and will manage its own diary for the rest of the week. Working closely with the business leader, you can expect to see significant change and evolution, lots of M&A activity and a desire for continuous improvement.
The Group HR Manager will:
- Lead a team of HR Advisors, Business Partners, Payroll and recruiters
- Manage all generalist activities and engagement of the business units within the division
- Be the people lead in a new system implementation and behavioural change program
- Manage the relationships with the unions and collective bargaining
- Drive all people based project work to land effective solutions into the division
- Customise group based initiatives so they are fit for purpose for the sites
To be successful in the Group HR Manager position:
- You will have operated at a similar level with a team and be a excellent people leader
- You will ideally have worked in a multi-site unionised business in a recent role and be well customer with collective agreements
- Experience of a system implementation would be desirable but not essential
- MCIPD qualified or equivalent
- Experience of working in a large matrix environment would be beneficial
The company are offering a competitive package with a base of £60-65K depending on experience, car allowance and bonus