An amazing role is now available within a global Private Equity business who have a very unique and niche platform. They are looking for a Head of L&D who can provide a high-quality learning environment to the business which ensures the company has the skills and creates the environment necessary to deliver on its mandate and in particular the requirements of the business' strategy.
We are looking for an experienced and also passionate L&D professional who is looking for a role and business with a difference. The successful candidate will be able to operate globally yet happy to be hands on. They will have excellent management experience and be able to get the best and develop the L&D Specialist that reports into them. They will also have a modern and blended approach to L&D in order to be able to provide the best, commercial service to the business.
Responsibilities (in short):
Learning & Development - developing, managing and continuously improving our training curriculum to meet the needs of the business including:
- leadership development training for its Executive Committee, MDs and Directors to ensure they have the skills and attributes to lead the business
- technical skills training (especially, but not limited to, investment skills)
- management training for people managers
- other training including 'soft' skills, professional qualifications, apprenticeships
- differentiated training offerings e.g. for Associates, Executives and Managers, potentially for other groups/demographics
- career development tools and activities
Culture & values - along with the wider HRBP team, supporting and embedding culture, values, competencies and standards of behaviour via the performance management process and running the annual employee survey. Managing ad hoc projects including, but not limited to, cultural change, and diversity and inclusion.
Management responsibility - managing, coaching and developing the L&D Specialist
Team working - working collaboratively to ensure appropriate hand-offs from/to other disciplines e.g. HRBPs, Head of D&I, employee diversity networks, Resourcing and Operations/Reward and Internal Communications.
- Has experience or understanding of an Investing, Financial or Professional Services environment
- Is a pragmatic, intelligent and thoughtful senior HR professional with a strong L&D background
- Is able to engage authoritatively with senior stakeholders and forge internal and external partnerships
- Is results-focussed and able to demonstrate a track record of delivering high-quality, innovative solutions
- Is experienced in and enjoys working in a global context
- Has a confident and nurturing management style; and enjoys developing and supporting team members
- Has an ability to foster an optimistic, positive culture, and support a diverse workforce
- Has a proven track record in change and project delivery at pace, combining creativity and lateral thinking with high standards and attention to detail
- Demonstrates a passion for learning and self-development, is open to giving and receiving constructive feedback and is non-defensive