Henlee Resourcing has been retained by this niche design engineering business based on the eastern side of Swindon to search for their new HR Manager. This is a new role that's been created due to the sale / acquisition of the business which is now a wholly owned subsidiary of a much larger group yet has the autonomy to continue to grow / operate as it has done. This superb stand-alone HR Manager role which reports to a forward thinking MD, will suit somebody who gets the little-big / big-little company type culture and somebody who is happy to be mainly site based and to be fully integrated into the running / culture of the organisation.
We have been tasked to search for a true end to end HR generalist whose experience covers the recruiting of all levels of staff, Employee and organisation development, employment law and policy development / implementation, employee relations (albeit relatively light / low case level), compensation and benefits, Employee welfare as well as involvement with facilities, health and safety and security. You will also be involved with / participate within the executive meetings.
Core / Key Responsibilities:
- Carries out recruiting practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a high-performing and motivated workforce
Learning and Development
- Carries out learning needs assessment including new employee induction, and leadership development
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget
- Provides up to date and relevant employee handbook
- Manages succession planning, high performance employee development, key employee retention
- Enables successful employee communication and feedback through company meetings, team meetings and one-on-one meetings
- Manages a process of job design
- Leads company compliance with all existing legal requirements including any related to the equal opportunity, including age discrimination, disability rights etc., working time directive, family related Leave, flexible working, disciplinary procedure and grievance procedure, redundancy, retirement
- Protects the interests of employees as well as the company in line with employment legislation
- Establishes employee relations practices for a positive employer-employee relationship
- Coaches managers on communication, feedback and recognition, with the employees who report to them
- Investigates employee concerns or grievances
- Advises managers on the disciplinary process
- Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
Compensation and Benefits
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay levels that help to recruit and retain high performing staff
- Monitors all pay for effectiveness and cost containment
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention as well as cost containment
- Leading the process of accreditation (currently gold status) and implementing suitable changes identified in the process
We are looking for somebody who is a "can do" / pragmatic generalist who possesses excellent interpersonal relationship building skills. Ideally you will be MCIPD qualified but it's your experience and approach that is of most importance. As mentioned above, the role will be mostly site based with c. 4 out of 5 days based onsite.
If you are looking for a highly challenging role in an extremely progressive and well-respected organisation in its specialism and possess the above competencies, we are keen to hear from you.
Henlee Resourcing is a specialist full service human resources recruitment consultancy operating across the South West, M3, M4 and M5 corridors.