About the role
We operate a large fleet of LGV Class 1 vehicles with curtain-side trailers, delivering and collecting DS Smith product within the UK from our 4 depots based in Avonmouth, Launceston, Tuxford and Sittingbourne.
We use up-to-date fleet equipment and technology, and of course, safety is paramount to us; we pride ourselves on our strong safety culture and record, as well as our high commitment to customer satisfaction.
We are looking for people who demonstrate the right competencies, no prior experience is necessary to apply for this role. We offer bespoke ongoing training, including free in-house 1-to-1 DCPC courses as standard, and we hold industry awards for our commitment to the environment. We are currently expanding and are recognised at a value added unit to the business.
We have a range of work patterns available, including days, nights and weekends. You will be required as a driver to transport paper materials to various UK locations. We offer an unrivalled host of benefits and support when you join us in the DS Smith family.
Applying is easy just click on the link and you will be contacted by the Depot Manager for an informal chat where you will be invited in to visit our Depot and have a driving assessment.
- Must have a Category Class 1 Licence, a valid DCPC, a valid Digital Tacho card.
- Safe & efficient, have good attention to detail, flexible, a 'can do' attitude and able to work as part of a team.
- Competitive salary plus Enhanced Weekend and Bank Holiday working
- 25 days' holiday plus UK Bank Holidays
- Free DCPC , free uniform & PPE
- Flexible Working options
- Qualifying Sick Pay scheme
- Pension scheme, Share Save scheme
- Income Protection & Life insurance
- EAP, Virtual GP, Occupational Health, Driver medical reimbursement, free eye test and mental health first aiders and free Flu vaccine.
- Long service award gifts, retirement gifts and Christmas voucher
- Employee Recognition Scheme 'Smithies' & 'Driver of the Month'
- Cycle to Work scheme & Shopping discounts