Freelance Recruitment / Assessment Professional
Champion brighter talent as a freelance recruiter
As a freelance recruiter, you’ll be working on a variety of high-profile public and private sector recruitment contracts, the kind that deliver vital services and make a real difference to communities across the country. These could range from large volume graduate recruitment to specialist and senior one-off appointments, but in any case, you’ll be helping us find the talent that ensures the future health, prosperity, and security of the nation.
Working with us via an umbrella company, you will have the flexibility to work the days and hours that suit you ranging from a few days per month to pretty much full time. Lots of the work will need to be completed by a deadline rather than on specific days / times which will give you the opportunity to choose when and where you work.
We’re looking for someone to be our trusted expert in recruitment, who can build strong relationships with clients and hiring managers, guide others through the recruitment, selection and assessment process, all while creating a great experience for not just them, but candidates as well. You’ll be using a wide range of assessment tools to achieve the best possible outcome: matching the best talent with the best employers and helping build brilliant careers along the way.
What you’ll be doing:
- screening and sifting application forms and CVs for high volume and experienced hires
- running briefing and benchmarking sessions
- delivering assessment centres, including interviews, role plays and other exercises
- collaborating as an interview panel member
- reviewing pre-recorded video interviews
- producing high-quality write-ups after interviews and assessments, including candidate feedback
- educating clients and hiring managers as part of ensuring good practice.
What we’re looking for:
- knowledge of a wide range of recruitment and selection methodology
- understanding of diversity and inclusion good practice
- proven track record of delivering assessment centres and a wide range of related tools
- effective teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence
- credibility, integrity, and the ability to think innovatively to resolve challenges
- a BPS Level A and Level B qualification or CIPD qualification is an advantage but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive rates of pay
- Chance to work flexibly
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of projects
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.