CMAT Director of HR
Required for January 2022
Salary Range: Band D Points 17-21 £62,571 - £69,031
Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust seeks applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this new role within the trust.
CMAT is a values-led trust and has risen to be one of the highest performing academy groups in the country. We are committed to high quality professional development and career opportunities for all staff. It has always been our people and culture that has defined us. In an increasingly challenging educational landscape, we need to ensure we retain and develop our teams. We also need to make sure that all have a similarly excellent experience of working for us as this will only enhance our prospects of recruiting the very best going forward.
This is a very important role and a real opportunity to join a dynamic team working across the trust to raise the profile and impact of our work with people.The successful candidate will be inspired by the opportunity to make a difference in education; they will be people-centred and able to make connections with all types of staff; they will have a focus on the strategic aims of the trust, be aligned with our values and able to show a track record of impact. They will be willing and keen to do things differently.
We are looking for the person to build upon our operational HR success and move us forward in terms of strategic HR across CMAT. The person will be transformational and have demonstrable success in the implementation of HR strategic direction.
The person we are looking for:
First and foremost, you will have hands on experience and an awareness of the HR challenges that face multi academy trusts.
You will be an expert negotiator and influencer at senior level, able to deliver the difficult messages and complex projects effectively and efficiently. You will model kindness and compassion.
You will be able to quickly build up credibility and excellent working relationships with your peers and Executive Board members, identifying quick wins and long-term change projects that will improve the way we work for our employees and students.
If this sounds like the kind of challenges that keep you motivated, then it will be great to receive your application. Our CEO would be delighted to arrange a conversation with you to share what makes CMAT a special place to work.
The Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Application packs are on the TES website, Indeed and Personnel Today
Further information on the Trust can be found on: www.cmatrust.co.uk
Closing date: 7th October 2021. Interviews in early October
Vision and Values
Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust Vision
Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT) exists to provide, support, and champion high-quality education at the heart of local communities.
As members of the CMAT family, trust academies aim to unite their students, families and other local stakeholders around this common purpose to share experience and resources, to improve standards and to maximise our contribution to their wider communities.
Our vision, mission and values guide and bring together each of the trust’s academies.
Our Vision: High-quality educational provision for all at the heart of local communities
Our Mission: To deliver, promote and inspire high quality educational provision in schools at the heart of their local communities so that:
- Every child is a successful learner, confident individual and responsible and employable citizen
- Every school is a hub for community activities, a centre for extended services and a source of immense pride for students, their families and other local stakeholders
Pursuit of Excellence
- By expecting this of every person, every day
- Rejecting outright any sense of complacency
- Continually striving for the creation of a true meritocracy
- Promoting and celebrating elite performance inside school and in the wider world
Value our People
- Appreciating the incredible trust placed with us in educating young people and serving our community
- Valuing the diversity and qualities of our staff and students
- Ensuring that all students and staff feel known, appreciated and supported
- Committing whole-heartedly to collaboration within, between and beyond our academies
Achievement for All
- Ensuring that every student achieves their maximum potential
- Maintaining a relentless sense of optimism
- Removing barriers to learning
- Providing a whole education: academic excellence co-existing with an exceptional commitment to activity beyond
High-Quality Learning Environment
- Providing high quality buildings, engaging classrooms and excellent sporting facilities
- Delivering innovative learning resources and materials
- Ensuring a well-disciplined and caring environment
- Exploiting cutting edge technologies to expand the opportunities for students, staff and our community to benefit from learning in a digital age
Extending The Boundaries of Learning
- Providing positive memorable experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- Providing a diversity of experience to all
- Opening up the world to all students
- Securing the very best future educational and vocational experiences for our students
Academies within the Trust
- Swavesey Village College, Cambridge
- Nene Park Academy, Peterborough
- North Cambridge Academy
- West Town Primary Academy, Peterborough
- Stamford Welland Academy
- Sawtry Village Academy
- Ely College
- Sawtry Junior Academy
- Downham Feoffees Primary Academy, Ely
- The Lantern Primary School, Ely
- Bar Hill Primary School
- The Ferrers School, Higham Ferrers
- Northstowe Secondary College
- Martin Bacon Academy, Northstowe, Special School
- Stratton Upper School, Biggleswade
- The Harbour School, Wilburton, Special School
- The Bluecoat School, Stamford
- Greater Peterborough University Technical College
- Great Ouse Primary Academy, Bedford
- Harrold Primary Academy, Bedford
- Lincroft Academy, Bedford
- Oakley Primary Academy, Bedford
- Sharnbrook Academy, Bedford