Job Title: HR Administrator (Office)
Department: Human Resources
Hours: 40 hours per week
Reports to: HR Officer (Office)
Duration: 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Salary Grade: 1.1
Salary: £26,090.56 per annum (£22,590.56 non-London weighting)
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES UK
Médecins Sans Frontières/Doctors Without Borders (MSF) provides life-saving emergency relief and longer-term medical care to some of the most vulnerable and excluded communities around the world. As an international medical humanitarian organisation, we deliver care based only on need, regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or political affiliation.
MSF has around 40,000 local and international staff working in over 70 countries, in some of the most challenging places in the world. Our medical humanitarian projects are supported by teams in 32 countries, including the UK, spread across Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and Australasia.
At MSF UK, we support MSF’s operations by building relationships with our supporters, increasing awareness of our work, raising funds, providing specialist medical expertise, catalysing change on medical humanitarian issues and recruiting field staff. MSF UK personnel are dynamic, hard-working, enthusiastic and committed to MSF’s values and aims.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
The HR Function is responsible for attracting, selecting, developing and retaining high-quality medical and non-medical staff for MSF operations and for the MSF UK & Ireland office. The department is in a period of transition in its structure to support an increased workload. Currently the department consists of 3 units and 19 UK based staff, and 6 team members based remotely in Ireland, Jordan and Tunisia.
The activities of the department focus on two main areas:
a) Secondment of field staff to MSF's field operations worldwide. This includes on the sourcing of staff profiles required for field operations, active recruitment, selection, development, retention and all related administrative aspects. And this also involves management of the recruitment & career management function in Tunisia and Jordan as well as support for the Field HR function in Dublin.
b) HR support for the MSF UK/IE offices in London and Dublin. This includes HR planning, recruitment, contracting, reward and benefits, staff development and retention, HR policy development, management support and all related administrative aspects.
In addition, the department plays an active role in the MSF Operational Centre Amsterdam (OCA) partnership of which MSF-UK is a member. Together with partner sections in Holland, Germany, and India MSF-UK is responsible for implementing the staff and support goals as defined in OCA's Strategic Plan. There is an international MSF HR community, where wider HR discussions take place and where the overall MSF HR agenda is set.
MSF UK has been through a period of rapid growth and development and has ambitious plans for the future. The organisation has been reviewing its strategy, structures and systems in several areas to ensure that we are best able to deliver success.
Supporting the HR Officers (Office and Learning & Development), the HR Administrator will play an integral role in providing general day-to-day HR support in the employee lifecycle from recruitment and selection, on-boarding, learning and development and leaving.
We are looking for passionate individual with administrative experience who might be looking for their first job in human resources or wants to develop their HR skills, knowledge and experiences.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Recruitment and Selection
• Support the HR Officer (Office) with recruitment campaigns, including advertising, monitoring candidate responses, responding to candidate queries, scheduling interviews and supporting the interview panel.
• Monitor the recruitment inbox and respond to queries in a timely manner.
• Maintain recruitment records and databases accurately.
• Assist the HR Officer (Office) with candidate correspondence, employment checks and the onboarding process.
• Deal with confidential and sensitive information in a professional and secure manner, in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
• Work with the HR Officer in improving recruitment and selection practices.
• Support the new starter onboarding process through the HRIS in collaboration with HR Office and Services teams.
• Assist with administering the new starter onboarding process, including the Buddy group and mandatory training.
Learning and Development
Learning & Development Curriculum
• Administration of training, including booking external facilitators, booking training space (when relevant), advertise training internally, booking and cancelling delegates, send invites and pre-work when required, update training registers.
• Explore new ways to improve engagement with staff and advertise learning opportunities.
• Maintaining accurate, up to date L&D records and support production of regular reports.
• Assist with survey work including preparation and communication.
• Supporting the off-boarding/ leaver process for MSF UK/IE staff.
• Producing letters and other HR related correspondence as and when required.
• Maintain electronic files ensuring records are accurate and up to date.
• Maintain and update the Job description folder and organisation chart ensuring information is accurate and kept up to date.
• Respond to day-to-day HR queries, escalating as required to the relevant HR person.
• Actively contribute to the revision of internal HR processes and the harmonisation of HR administration processes across the HR teams, updating process documents as necessary and suggesting improvements to day-to-day processes.
• Support HR Office projects as and when required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation. This job description does not form part of the contract of employment.
• Exploring or started the journey towards CIPD membership/ qualification.
• Consistently works to a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
• Effective organisation and administrative skills.
• Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision in a fast paced and demanding environment exercising good judgment and using own initiative.
• Ability to work supportively and effectively within and across teams and build good working relationships.
• Good interpersonal, networking and communication skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
• Commitment to the aims and values of MSF.
• Previous experience of working in a fast-paced administrative environment.
• Understanding of basic UK employment legislation.
• Some knowledge of the learning & development function.
Candidates must have permission to work in the UK.
MSF UK is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to diversity and creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applications from all sections of our diverse community.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply on our website by submitting a copy of your CV together with a letter of motivation the closing date.
Please check that you have included the following in your application:
• An up-to-date CV
• Letter of Motivation, which is a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the key requirements of the role
• Closing date for applications: Sunday 3 October 2021, 11.59pm
• Interviews: Monday 18 October 2021
• Potential start date: As soon as possible
For any queries or issues please contact email@example.com.