HR Shared Service Manager
Global Investment Bank
£75,000 - £83,000
City of London
I have taken a HR Shared Services Manager opportunity with a Global Investment Bank. This is a newly created position to help implement & lead the firms new centre of excellence approach to HR, with this role having 8 direct reports (2 x VP, 3 x Analyst, 3 x Admins). The role will have exposure to London to begin with, but the opportunity to implement the function across EMEA in the future is at the forefront of the organisations plans, so if you have previous EMEA exposure it would be beneficial.
- Line management responsibility for operational HR Shared Services team based in London (excl. specialists in GM Team & Payroll) providing coaching and direction and driving the team take ownership of their continuous professional development
- Undertake the day to day management of the HR Shared Services function creating a 'one team' ethos to ensure the effective delivery of Employee Lifecycle interventions ensuring they are delivered in an efficient, timely and accurate way.
- Support the Head of HR Shared Services in defining the strategy for the HR Shared Service function.
- Leading the HR Shared Services team and ensuring workloads and priorities are managed appropriately across the team
- Act as SME and main point of contact for EMEA HR Operational items in connection with global projects, lead business processes that are connected to HR Shared Services/HR Operations. Establish and utilise network of relationships with internal stakeholders and ensure they are leveraged to deliver aim.
- Identify potential enhancements to improve process and ensure maximum efficiency across teams and best in class service from HR. Including but not limited to systems changes and automation / streamlining of processes
- Manage the provision of HR support to all stakeholders and ensure the HR Shared Services team maintain high levels of customer service and keeping the client at the centre of the delivery
- Ensure all services delivered are done so in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
- Sharing best practice with other HR teams within location and other EMEA regions
- Escalation point for complex ER queries and support for HR Shared Services members in the escalation of decisions outside of HR Shared Service
- Previous managerial experience, ideally within a Financial Services setting
- Extensive HR Shared Service experience
- Strong IT skills
- CIPD qualified