Your new role
As an HR Manager you will work as part of the Human Resource, Workforce and Organisation Development Directorate, a key element of the role will be to deliver an inward of potentially 150 staff, acting as the main point of contact for service line leads, line managers and new transferring employees to approach for support with their queries ranging from routine to complex. You also be required to liaise with the sender organisation as required in order to facilitate the smooth transfer to staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Delivery of the inward to150 staff, to act as the main point of contact for service line leads, line managers and new transferring employees to approach for support with their queries ranging from routine to complex.
- To ensure that onboarding and induction processes are appropriate in order to ensure a smooth transfer.
- Deliver on the development, planning and implementation of specific designated local and national, initiatives and programmes
- Support managers and the organisation to develop the skills to meet the requirements of the organisation.
- Provide support and guidance to managers to ensure that all staff have the necessary skills and experience to discharge their duties as defined by their job description.
- Support managers in the development of team members through Personal Development Plans.
- Provide professional human resource management advice and support to managers within nominated areas that helps the organisation improve its organisational performance and achieve objectives through increased staff effectiveness.
- Consider staff and financial resources implications and act responsibly when performing the role of HR Manager.
- Promote the development of an HR service which fosters a 'customer service' focus in a way which demonstrates how human resources can improve the patient experience.
- To ensure the provision of consistently sound HR advice and support to managers on all aspects of staff management.
- To ensure that managers understand their rights and responsibilities under both employment law and the organisations Human Resources procedures.
- To act as a management leader, helping to develop the application of good HR practice and a management culture in which staff are treated as the organisations key asset.
- To work with the Managers to ensure that the organisations Human Resources strategy is implemented.
- To effectively manage and develop any HR staff reporting to them.
- To work with Managers on the design, development, planning and implementation of organisational changes. To ensure the provision of advice and support on both the people and employment law aspects of any changes in order to minimise the risks to the short and longer-term operation.
- To ensure the application of the organisations recruitment and selection policy and procedure in order to achieve good practice and compliance with employment law. Including advice on the recruitment processes that are best suited to the recruitment requirements including selection methods and attending senior level and complex interview panels if required
- To work with Managers to ensure that effective induction arrangements are in place for all staff.
- To work with Managers to develop and support effective systems and practices of staff communication and involvement.
- To work with Managers, staff and Trade Union representatives to promote a culture of healthy employee relations. Working and encouraging managers to take the management lead in resolving employee relations issues.
- Provision of advice and guidance on the effective management of staff health, safety and wellbeing in the workplace
- Advise managers on legal responsibilities regarding disability including the application of reasonable adjustments, and the linkages with Health Safety and Wellbeing or occupational health
- To work with managers to promote equality and diversity, in the recruitment, management and development of staff.
- To work with the managers and HR Directorate teams to ensure effective performance management and personal development of staff.
- To work with managers to ensure the effective resolution of identified performance and conduct issues in accordance with HR procedures and employment law.
- In association with managers and the HR team ensure the Training and Development Plan addresses any knowledge and skill gaps and meets the operational and strategic plans
- To ensure the fair and effective operation of the organisations systems for pay and terms and conditions in line with Agenda for Change. To identify any employee resourcing and retention risks associated with the application of these systems, developing appropriate solutions in line with organisation policy, leading on their implementation.
- To identify the workforce information requirements for managers and ensure that suitable workforce information is provided. To undertake appropriate trend analysis, advising managers on solutions to issues raised.
- To prepare reports on any aspect of Human Resources management for presentation at meetings making use of qualitative and quantitative research and data as applicable
- To work with managers to ensure the development and implementation of the organisations attendance policy and procedures to minimise sickness absence.
- To advise and work in partnership with all levels of management on disciplinary, grievance and sickness management issues, procedures and best practice, ensuring that matters are resolved effectively and in a timely manner.
- Working with managers to deliver organisation change programmes, developing consultation documents, supporting the consultation process and ensuring organisational change is delivered in line with policy requirements.
- To advise on all aspects of employee relations, supporting disciplinary, capability, grievance and sickness absence processes. Where appropriate explore and facilitate informal resolution.
- To work with directorate service leads, attending appropriate directorate senior meetings in order to fully understand directorate HR issues and workforce planning trends and plans.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.