As an HR Advisor, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the HR department on site. You will provide an effective advisory and administration service to management and staff, assisting the HR Manager in providing robust HR strategy and advice.
Large logistics business
- Ensuring the operational success and development of the HR department, working closely alongside senior site management.
- Providing guidance on HR policies and processes.
- Heavy involvement in matters of employee relations, including disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Providing an efficient internal customer service to managers and employees.
- Assist the HR Manager and General Manager in developing and driving the site people plans.
- Absence management.
- Delivery of induction training for new starters, consistently updating welcome pack information.
- Ensuring all elements of HR administration are carried out - e.g. starters, leavers, referencing, security and compliance checks, etc
- Assist with all aspects of recruitment and selection on site.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to date information on the HR system.
- Weekly/Monthly management reports.
- Responsibility for various ad-hoc HR and Administrative tasks.
- Experience within a similar HR Administrator/Advisory position.
- Excellent IT skills and experience of HR Systems
- Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards.
- Previous experience within the logistics and supply chain sector would be highly desirable, as would exposure to a unionised environment.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Highly organised and the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
- Ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Creative with the ability to make decisions and have confidence in your own convictions.
Permanent role with an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare 25 days annual leave and bonus scheme