Visa Compliance Immigration Specialist / Brighton / Onboarding
A well respect and growing Brighton based company are seeking a Visa Compliance Immigration Specialist on a permanent basis.
As Visa Compliance Immigration Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Ownership of UKEU operating procedures related to UKVI and student visa compliance, including: -
- Student Pre-arrival, including minimum standards for Admissions, financial document checks and pre-arrival Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) issuance
- Student Post-arrival, including minimum standards for Induction, Alternative Collection Location (ACL), document retention, contact details tracking, attendance management and CAS issuance for onward study (as required)
- Manage HTS licences and ensure that all submissions, applications, reporting, and advisory notices are submitted on a timely basis.
- Management of the UKVI Sponsor Management System for the UK business and acting as key point of contact to UKVI in relation to change sin system and practice.
- Manage a robust management information suite pertinent to UKVI compliance to inform Senior Management, highlighting data trends and ensuring that appropriate action plans are in place to address areas of risk, maximising the balance between compliance and business performance.
- Proactively maintain a personal understanding of UKVI and immigration legislation with a view to understanding the implications for the organisation and developing and implementing process change plans as required.
- Collaborate with the VC Team Manager to develop and implement a robust training and awareness schedule for operators of UKVI systems and immigration related processes, using external training providers as required.
- Ensure changes are cascaded and embedded effectively across the organisation.
- Work closely with Sales and Admissions to provide up to date immigration advice for prospective international students, on an individual case basis as required.
- Prepare and distribute updates on all student visa related issues to members of the UK Executive Team and other internal stakeholders as required.
- Act as the main interface with the UKVI at an operational level for transactional related matters.
- Act as key representative to support and challenge Home Office guidance.
- Provide an expert point of contact for all UK staff on the immigration requirements of student visas.
- Act as a point of escalation for Centre staff and Visa Compliance Officers on complex technical queries.
- Close liaison with Admissions Function, Sales teams, and Centre Staff to ensure that the correct pre and post arrival visa checks are carried out in line with UKVI requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of the UKVI policies and procedures in relation to UK immigration
- Experience of using the UKVI Sponsor Management System (SMS) on a regular basis
- Must have experience working in an advisory capacity (as opposed to purely processing)
- Able to demonstrate up to date sector training on immigration requirements
- Experienced in working with student records databases.
£34-36,000 + great benefits