Opportunity for an experienced HR Advisor to work remotely covering Dorset area providing ER and HR support
Were seeking an experienced HR Advisor to join a HR team during a time of change and transformation. This is an opportunity to work with an experienced HR Team providing a comprehensive HR service to managers across a Dorset patch. This role will be working remotely but have access to either Dorchester or Poole sites for an initial temporary contract of 3 months but lots going on so potential for further contracts.
HR Advisor duties : -
- Core Role - ER Case Work - HR advice & guidance to managers regarding discipline, grievance, sickness absence, capability, performance and harassment cases,
- Prepare documentation for formal panel hearings, and support (including taking notes) at case meetings, investigations and formal panel hearings
- Attend informal and formal meetings and provide advice to managers and staff
- Change Management - potential to be involved in supporting change management activities including consultations, ways of working, HR policy and terms & Conditions advice
We are seeking experienced HR Advisors who have a background of complex larger organisations, ideally unionised. Preferable background from a public sector, NHS or healthcare but not essential
- Application of employment law in day to day situations
- Providing advice and implementation of disciplinary, grievance, absence and individual performance policies and procedures
- Proven experience in supporting managers at formal meetings
- Relevant experience of working effectively across organisational professional boundaries in complex organisations.
- Up to date knowledge of key aspects of current employment law / relevant case law
- CIPD Part Qualification equivalent - EG level 5
- Evidence of continuing professional development that enhances theoretical and practical knowledge.
This role is offered on an initial temporary contract via Hays for 3 months + and potential for longer term.
Home Working is available but possible to travel to offices in Dorchester & Poole. However they are working remotely so expect this to continue.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.