Reporting directly to the Senior HR Officer, you will be responsible for supporting line managers with all aspects of the employee life cycle, in accordance with the organisational policies, procedures and processes. With an emphasis case management, you will be responsible for ensuring that line manager's work in accordance with policies and procedures, employment legislation and best practice to support employees during their employment.
Housing Association based in Edinburgh, South.
- You will be responsible for day to day support for line managers in all aspects of HR/L&D, ensuring that all legal and statutory obligations are adhered to and best practice is followed.
- You will be responsible for contributing to, updating and rolling out HR/L&D policies, procedures and processes, delivering learning and training when required to support all employees to understand their responsibilities.
- As a member of the HR Team, you have a shared responsibility for ensuring that all employees meet the appropriate regulatory and statutory frameworks in carrying out their prescribed duties, in accordance with the behaviours and values.
- You will support the development and implementation of Workforce Planning Strategy, staff surveys, training and learning needs analysis to ensure that staff are fulfilling their job roles and providing an excellent service to our customers, residents and tenants.
- You will support formal meetings as and when required, supporting the preparation and issuing of papers, taking notes and preparing outcome letters.
- You will support line managers when undertaking formal investigations, offering guidance, support and advice in line with policies and procedures and best practice.
- As a member of the HR team, you will have a shared responsibility for the development and updating of a management information system, setting and monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and working closely with colleagues in Business Support, integrate with other systems to provide accurate, timely and productive data to help inform the Workforce Planning Strategy.
- You will undertake and contribute to project management of key objectives or tasks, working with colleagues across functions to share and transfer relevant knowledge and experience to achieve delivery of the project within budget and timescales.
- Working closely with the HR/OD Manager, have an input to the planning, managing and forecasting of the budget for the HR team and our strategy.
- CIPD HR/L&D Qualification or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Skills / Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders and convey information simply and clearly
- Excellent office/ICT skills in relevant software
- Knowledge of GDPR and data protection legislation and guidelines as it relates to employee information
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, ability to prioritise
- Proven problem solving and planning capability with creative skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Self-directed, results driven and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with continued attention to detail
- Effective leadership skills, able to build confidence and motivate and improve performance and foster a supportive culture
- Ability to network, build relationships and create successful partnership working opportunities
- Ability to deliver excellent levels of customer service at all times
- Ability to deliver change using range of influencing, negotiation, facilitation, procurement and process skills
- Be able to demonstrate digital approaches to all areas of your work
- At least 3 years' experience in an employee relations role
- Experience of writing, creating and delivering training and learning events
- Highly self-motivated with effective leadership style and a self-managing "can do" attitude
- Determination and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Willing to challenge stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination and bias
- Strong approach to performance management with the ability to define and measure outcomes of success
- Strategic thinker, able to deliver a vision of the future organisation
- Willing to be flexible in working hours and able to travel as required
- 12 month FTC
- Mixture of office and home working