Job Title: HR Operations Manager
Location: Home based with a small amount of travel
Salary: £60-70k per annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
What will be keeping you busy?
As the HR Operations Manager, you will be responsible for bringing external and internal thought leadership in to how a HR Operations function can be ‘best in class’, and what operating model, digital platforms, payroll capability, processes and policies will support this.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, manage and develop the HR Operations function for the EMEA region.
- Have clarity of the company’s vision and working closely with regional teams to influencing the leaders and colleagues across the business about the new exciting HR operating model, and adopting new ways of working.
- Manage the HR life cycle activities, such as on-boarding, off-boarding
- Define and manage the pay and benefits proposition as well as the management of the various incentive schemes for employees
- Work with and manage approved payroll providers, to ensure monthly payrolls are processed correctly and efficiently.
- Transform the payroll strategy and the first-line payroll service to reflect the people journey that the business are wanting to create.
- Ensure that all aspects of HR policies, processes and procedures are aligned with the business’ organisational climate, and are fully compliant with local labour / employment laws, tax systems and regulatory requirements.
- Managing the employee benefits schemes, including annual renewals, monthly administration and communication to colleagues
- Own the HR Operations policies and procedures, working with the wider HR team to ensure they are up to date and legally compliant
- Supporting the HRD with data analytics for the twice-yearly talent review process
- Support of key projects with direct impact on HR Operations e.g. GDPR, systems upgrades / module deployments, new payroll centralization project.
- Create and manage data accuracy audits.
- Implementing HR Operations best practices, whilst using technology to create best in class employee experience.
Required Qualifications, Skills/Competencies
- Demonstrable leadership and transformation experience within a forward-thinking HR Operations environment
- Strategic HR experience and sound knowledge of best practice (including current employment law) is essential (CIPD qualification desirable)
- Strong people leadership skills with an ability to inspire the highest levels of performance from their team
- Experience of leading and evolving processes, systems and driving change.
- Experience of transforming, continuously improving the effectiveness/efficiency of processes and data
- Proven experience in project or programme management, with successful delivery of key initiatives on time and on budget. Project management certification would be advantageous.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills with a demonstrable ability to build and maintain effective relationships, positioning yourself as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders.
- Strong analytical capability, with a proven ability to think strategically and then translate those strategies into actionable plans. Big picture thinker with sufficient attention to detail to ensure successful delivery.
- Experience in champion data, metrics and insights and the use of HR data to enable the team to make intelligent decisions
- Lead on HR systems to ensure the safety of our data, drive efficiency and provide the best service to our management population and employees
- Highly organised with ability to plan, prioritise and multitask high volumes of daily service/ work requests.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office and HR databases (Workday preferred).
- A strong commercial focus and the ability to build long term relationships
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or equivalent.