Learning Systems Manager – Flexible
£36,398 - £39,222 plus benefits
The Learning and Development (L & D) team works with all areas of the agency to support and deliver business focussed learning interventions. It is an exciting time to be joining L & D as we support the business with its transformation agenda developing a new target operating model to enable FLS to become a sustainable business. This includes digital transformation and a more strategic approach to use of Management Information, which the Learning Management System forms a part and this role will support. Therefore, not only will you be required to have experience in L & D but there is an expectation that you will have significant digital savvy to successfully deliver in this role. Your input to the L & D management team will be key in rolling out and developing the L & D Business Improvement Plan and embedding a culture of continuous improvement.
The is a broad management systems role managing all Learning and Development (L & D) systems, processes and information to ensure a seamless customer journey through the end-to-end learning process, including those for digital learning. This includes ensuring the streamlined operation of L & D in alignment with the corporate outcomes and business principles of the organisation and driving L & D to be more data driven and systematic in our decision-making.
This individual will be managing and maintaining all management systems within L & D including but not limited to the Learning Management Systems Platform, as well as providing administrative direction and support for the operational activities of L & D. This role will link and support the organisation’s strategic Management Information (MI) work and work with the HR team to ensure an integrated and consistent approach to MI and reporting.
- Developing, maintaining and continuously improving the L & D management system procedures and our document hierarchy including the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Managing the implementation of further system rollouts and developments for digital learning and MI.
- Developing and implementing an annual management system audit plan as part of internal assurance arrangements for compliance with L & D policies and procedures and organisational IT and information management policies.
- Ensuring that all policy, compliance and HR operational functions are befitting of a growing, dynamic and fluidly run organisation.
- Taking ownership of all L & D MI systems, ensuring strong communication with the business and relevant stakeholders as required in terms of reporting.
Learning Management System:
- Leading on LMS projects and providing support to the Head of Learning and Development including identifying and implementing opportunities for improved and/or new functionality to support digital learning.
- Ensuring data integrity through the maintenance and the assurance of all LMS data accuracy and consistency over its entire life cycle.
- Ensuring compliance for organisational information management audits and security, including for General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Manage the LMS contract and relationship with the supplier ensuring they are meeting/delivering targets and successfully resolving issues in conjunction with FLS Procurement & Contract Management team.
- Managing the invoicing and monitor budget spend to report any variations to the cost centre manager.
Management Information and Data Analysis:
- Using management information for regular reporting and providing periodic progress updates.
- Providing data analysis and accurate management information to enable informed decision making for L & D operations/services.
- Collaborating with colleagues in the HR team to support the interface between the LMS and Human Resources Information System (HRIS) in terms of ensuring data sharing and consistency.
Administration and Operational Support:
- Line managing the administrative/systems resources.
- Supporting all L & D activities through managing all L & D co-ordination activities and administration of all L & D management systems.
- Providing support and guidance through the development of comprehensive know-how documents and overseeing the staff development for all L & D management systems, procedures and digital learning tools.
- Encouraging and support colleagues to increase the uptake of digital learning as part of our cultural change to become a learning organisation.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
Please quote ref REQ0078.
Closing date: 24 October 2021, 23:55
No recruitment agencies please.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all sectors of our diverse community.