Oakleaf are supporting a fantastic Law firm to find someone passionate about L&D, and this will be specifically across the early careers population. You'll be working with a forward thinking Head of EC and closely with the L&D team to really drive development in this area.It will support the learning and development of the EC population, consisting of 100- 120 solicitor trainees and apprentices.
All members of the EC recruitment team are involved in elements of the talent lifecycle, but this role will have specific responsibilities for induction, ongoing training and development to set the EC talent up for success. You will be encouraged to think creatively and to deliver a best in class training experience for our EC talent that will enable them to optimise impact on the business and throughout their career.
Specifically, you will:
- Work in a business partner capacity to identify training needs and deliver a best in class programme for trainee solicitors and apprentices.
- In conjunction with other members of the EC team, and in consultation with the Learning & Development team, ensure the core skills curricula are delivered to the highest standard and in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- Work with partners, fee-earners, and Professional Support Lawyers, EC and HR Business Partners on the content of materials to be used in the delivery of the professional development programmes and communicate these programmes to all relevant stakeholders.
- Where appropriate, support other members of the EC team with tasks and projects
- Deliver a tailored programme of engagement prior to joining that uses insights to offer learning that aids speed to productivity, as well as drives keep-warm activity.
- Fully lead on the induction of trainee solicitors and apprentices, facilitating a programme that delivers optimal impact.
- Lead the implementation of the Solicitors Qualifying Exam, working in conjunction with all colleagues.
- Diagnose individual learning and development needs, working in conjunction with the EC team
- Design and deliver programmes where applicable, particularly as part of engagement activity with future talent
- Schedule, organise and administer all seminars, courses, and trainee solicitor and legal apprentice inductions including the seat inductions.
- Manage a network of external suppliers
- Manage the development budget for the population
- Grow the Learning Management System (LMS) offering for their population, working in conjunction with the Digital Learning & Platforms team