About the role
We have a new opportunity at our Paper Mill in Kemsley for a Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Specialist to join us on a fixed-term contract and help improve and develop the HSW culture throughout the site, leading to a more enjoyable working environment for all of our employees. You will spend time working with all employees at the mill, supporting the implementation and integration of HSW into all business processes and encouraging engagement and positive contributions to our culture.
The role will ensure compliance with H&S law, relevant regulations and all DS Smith Standards, including the Management Safety Standard. You will actively participate in meetings with site leadership teams, ensuring that KPIs and standards are being met and reporting back to leaders in the business.
You will also have several opportunities to work on projects during your time with us, leading various initiatives, implementing them and collecting feedback and information so that we can continue to improve HSW operations on site and share effective methods with the wider business.
Note: This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract.
- Significant experience in a similar position, ideally in a factory environment
- NEBOSH qualified and a member of a relevant body
- Hands on, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with colleagues across all levels
- Confident challenging existing processes and providing fresh new ideas
- Ability to provide support to leaders in the business but also lead on projects and implementations when required
- Competent using MS Office
- Ideally holding a degree in a related field
- Salary up to £50,000, dependent on experience
- Pension scheme, life assurance and income protection
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Corporate Discounts