- Do you want to build relationships with our managers and help them navigate through some challenging times?
- You’ll be hugely appreciated for your professional, business-focused advice and ability to coach managers to resolve employee relations cases, restructures, and management of TUPE transfers.
- If you want variety and challenge working as part of a small but skilled team within an ambitious and busy council, we can offer this.
We are looking for an experienced HR generalist who can work independently to support our managers to manage complex employee relations issues, restructures, and organisational changes. You will be working autonomously managing your own caseload but surrounded by a team who are working on corporate projects and supporting activities. We’re a relatively small team of HR professionals with a wide range of experience and skills. We flex to where the organisation needs us delivering directly to support the corporate priorities.
If you join our team you will:
- Enjoy a lot of autonomy in the planning of your work and your working time - keeping our customers happy as well, of course.
- Be part of a team of HR professionals all working towards the same goal of creating the optimum environment for staff to deliver their best for the Canterbury district.
- Enjoy a varied caseload and workforce.
- Derive job satisfaction through making a difference to our staff by turning your hand to all areas of HR to make that difference.
Finally, some other bits that might tempt you:
- Generous annual leave (23 days plus bank holidays and 3 extra days at Christmas)
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- Local government pension scheme
- Reduced cost leisure membership
- Flexible Work Location; It’s your choice, we can provide you with a workspace in our Canterbury offices or you can work from a location of your preference. We’ll just need you to join us at the offices for some key activities that we think are better-achieved face to face.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working (Options could include a slight reduction in hours, compressed working, and flexible start and finish times).