We are currently supporting our matrix property client on a retained basis in their search for a Head of People & Development to join them on a fixed term contract for 6 months based full time from their office near Battersea.
Starting immediately, you will provide strategic leadership and manage the people function across the business through to implementing effective processes, policies and initiatives leading to high staff engagement scores.
You will be responsible for all areas of HR leading the People Team to deliver the HR strategy, whilst facilitating the development and progression of employees
About the role
Oversee People Operations to ensure accurate and timely submission of all payroll-related information.
Proactively support line managers with performance management of their team members, including development of robust performance improvement plans.
- Partner with Project Leads and Heads of Departments to confirm staffing needs across the business and establish a proactive approach to recruitment.
- Implement a strategy to improve the overall quality of recruitment; reduce reliance on interviews; partner with hiring managers to assess and develop their recruitment abilities.
- Oversee L&D function to ensure it is contributing to the commercial performance of the business and is meeting the needs of both employees and their managers.
- Oversee Responsible Business function to ensure the business is meeting its commitments and obligations around both Diversity & Inclusion and Health & Wellbeing
- Manage Divisional Learning & Development and budgets
- Ensure the accurate completion of all Divisional and Group reports.
- Track key people-related metrics, identifying and escalating key risk areas.
- Develop proactive approach to recruitment across the Division, particularly for production roles (Build, Technical, Commercial).
- Improve the overall quality of recruitment at senior levels – Work with project and departmental leads to ensure we are meeting the right candidates for the role and business, and thoroughly assessing their capabilities.
About you and Essential experience
- Available to start ASAP
- Solid HR generalist experience in a fast-paced commercial setting
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Managed a team of at 3 people supporting a Business Unit of a minimum 500 people.
- Proactive, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook
- Keen to deliver exceptional customer service.
- An effective leader, motivator, and mentor
- Proactive, flexible, and reliable
- Credible, and comfortable in dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Team player