A brilliant newly created role is available within a City of London based Asset Manager. They are looking to hire a HR Compliance Manager EMEA.
The primary objective of this role is to ensure that HR operations, policies and practises across both EMEA region remain compliant with the regulatory and legal requirements in each of the countries that the company has a presence internationally and to look at all aspects through a HR/people lens.
This will require the successful candidate to have strong technical expertise in the relevant regulations and employment law developments in each region, a strong HR operations background and proven experience of project managing HR regulatory and legal change projects, such as Brexit/ SMCR and EMEA Working Time.
This is a great opportunity to join the existing International HR team at a time of business growth and diversification. A proactive, pragmatic response to the evolving regulatory and legal environment will be critical to the company's growth ambition.
- Direct oversight of HR Compliance matters for EMEA
- Work with SMEs to understand impact on HR policies, processes and operations so that appropriate advice can be given to HR teams
- Partner with SMEs to understand and support their needs (e.g regulatory requests, operational reviews, regulatory reporting)
- Help to anticipate the changing legal and regulatory requirements that will impact the people, compliance, governance processes and HR technology across EMEA
- Lead projects and serve as the SME for our HR operational Compliance and Governance issues both from the HR business perspective and overall people impact with firmwide regulations
- Partner with Audit, Compliance Monitoring etc to prepare for HR risk assessments
- Ensure HR policies and process are kept up to date with regulatory and legal change (e.g update Associate handbooks, review and update existing policies, design and implement new processes)
- Act as the first point of contact for HR privacy, data protection, incident management matters and ensure that EMEA is compliant with local legislation and global policies
- Execute the Privacy by Design principle within the HR compliance and governance program
- Develop training material to educate HR teams and key business partners
- Deep understanding of policies, processes and operation across different functions within HR
- Track record of working with senior leaders and SMEs from across the business
- Evidence of partnering and influencing skills
- Proven experience of interpreting changes in legislation and regulatory requirements and understanding the impact on HR
- Strong examples of managing complex compliance/legal issues as they relate to HR operations to include a demonstration of independent problem-solving ability
- Proven multi-tasking abilities and proactive approach
- Strong background gained in a consulting/advisory role
- Understanding of HR legal and regulatory landscape for EMEA (e.g GDPR, IFPR, SMCR, MiFID)
- Project management experience